SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. Wooo, thank god it's working now! Good job khix :D
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  2. wait I missed it? UGH!
  3. I'll be looking for bugs in the iron farm later today. At midnight last night it did produce an iron golem problem free from both farms and collected into one chest. But the B farm might have a bug in one of the many spawn spots for the golem, but at least we know one spot is problem free. Once we get 3 more of these farms going into one chest, it'd probably be a respectable little rate of iron. Not dc of blocks of iron per hour, but something nice for the community and newer emc people. Besides time, the cost of making it is rather low, I'd be shocked if I spent 10k. maybe 4k for cobble, 300r on glass, maybe another 1000r for chests, doors, hoppers, signs 800r for villagers. It's rather nice. I can imagine a full farm now, lovely.
  4. If you need any materials donated let me know!
    Tuqueque, khixan and DubChef like this.
  5. Glad ink farm is progressing.
  6. Okay :). Actually if anyone is out at slime time, can they get me some ice? It's the cheapest place to get ice. If you happen to be out there. It helps in transporting iron golems horizontally from an exterior farm to farm central. Otherwise it seems to be under control. A gold farm we'd probably need donations from everyone. Obsidian is hard to find, get, and pay for.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  7. While I'm sitting here thinking about it, we can make a huge gold and iron farm complex right at /wild n. Then there would be mob grinders, iron farm, sushi drop, gold farm. The ocean there would really start seeing visitors.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. We have like almost a dc of ice out at Slime Time, but I can't log back into EMC through minecraft :( Is there an outage?

The ice is in 2 chests with the cobble chests. Agent_Creeper and H00D were out there.
    Tuqueque and Sgt_Pepper4 like this.
  9. The server status had more colors to it than usual so maybe lol. It'll be fine.
  10. Though I guess it'll be fine later after whatever issue is worked out. I cant log in either.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  11. Dead chunk fun!

Tuqueque, Deadmaster98 and khixan like this.
  12. The Night of the Tessellated Block
    Is it safe to go back in the water?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9QTSyLwd4w

They found out. They know of the plan to produce enough black dye to paint the servers black. They know we want their lives and their silky ink sacs from their dead corpses. They struck back! The squid have taken over an entire chunk of the wild to try and foil our plans. The mighty RainbowChin had to rescue us all. We were trapped and unable to leave or even log on long enough to cry for help. The squid turned a section of the construction site into a tesseract. Corruptedsmile has theorized that their ink sacs have properties we were previously unaware of. They’ve used the black to bend space and time. Chin attempted Mojang’s documented fix for tessellated blocks, but the fix didn’t hold. The squid threw us out a second time, and we ran for our lives. Now we wait to see if the squid can overcome the nightly server reboot. Who will have victory in this technologic marvel?

tl;dr Don’t go to Slime Time till after the nightly reboot unless you want to repeatedly get crash reports and be unable to play on EMC until this issue is resolved. There is a “dead” chunk out there that is not stable and it will eat you.
  13. The iron farm is doing well. I almost got 3 up and going. I just got burned out really. Just needs more water, a villager container, signs, and maybe torches for aesthetics, and more cobble to hide ice, and ice. Otherwise 3 could be up and running easily.
  14. I fixed the minor griefing. I dont see any new bugs in the iron farm. I didnt even bother really to tell staff, I think it's normal again.
  15. Thank you shyguy and H00d for telling me of the issue, while I was away.
    Tuqueque and H00D like this.
  16. ScrOcraft is removing all water blocks from the Squid Farm. We got trapped in the black hole again. Everyone has escaped except ShyGuyTheGamer1. I have told staff and put on bug report thread. It may be a MC version issue? We're guessing, but CatNap and I both use 1.8.4 and got crashed. Scrocraft uses 1.8.7 and is fine out there. Thanks all! I'll be back on later. I have to go be the mom right now.
  17. The Squid Farm is dry now. Let's see if any 1.8.4 folks still have crash issues...