SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. #katwatch.
    Tuqueque, khixan and kaptrix like this.
  2. bump
    Tuqueque likes this.
  3. Thanks all :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  4. anytime
    Tuqueque likes this.
  5. Just a reminder: When you're on the rails going to and from sushi drop/grinders, make sure you return the minecarts! I noticed 3 missing from my count. I'll be making more anyway since the farms are getting used more, but just insure you leave the carts in one of the chests [there's one at each stop]. Doesn't matter which one as long as they are there.

I'm assuming good faith on the missing minecarts and hoping for their speedy return (in case they're in someone's storage chest in the farms).
    Tuqueque, kaptrix and khixan like this.
  6. There are now 3 extra minecarts in the bins, exactly.

xD
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  7. ATTN:

I went to the nether farm today and noticed some griefing. Item frames and chests were raided in the main room of the base (the one with the nether portal). Some heads on the snipe tower are gone. The "smash" signs were gone from the tunnel leading to the place.

I informed a moderator (Luckygreen) about it. Since the damage is all over the place, they have some idea as to who did it, but nothing definite, and I am not totally familiar with the farm so I don't have a perfect picture as to what things looked like before they were broken. Those of you who placed things around there and know your stuff, take a look in the tunnel, main room, and other public areas, and report if you notice something specific has been tampered with.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. On my way to ya.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. The Grinders and Sushi Drop now have inbound and outbound rails!
    Many thanks to Prometha for taking up that initiative :D No more bumper cars coming and going lol.
    Thank you codygraw for the rail, and thank you Kephras for the donation so we could buy even more more rail to finish it!
    Tuqueque and Codygraw like this.
  10. That was quite the project. :D Thankfully we had the inbound rail to shorten the travel time to refuel for supplies too :D
  11. Thank you all for keeping eye and adding more .
  12. Gold Farm Vs Iron Farm Vs Squid Farm for the next public build.

If you're not already aware, Sgt_Pepper04 has built a small afk public Iron Farm out at Wild N right next to the start of the Grinders and Sushi Drop rail.

Let's have some discussion around what we all would like to do for the next build. Here are my thoughts on them as well as some estimated resources and dimensions.

Gold Farm
    Dimensions: roughly 64 x 64 x 160 (height)
    Resources: 2 DCs of obsidian, 4100 trapdoors (about 64 stacks I think), building blocks, few pistons, redstone, hoppers, chests, water buckets

This can be done with a toggle style kill chamber so it works both as a grinder and an afk farm. I don't like afk farms though for public builds (that seems to be a drama/fight/grief magnet), so I would likely have them at the 1-2 hit kill instead of the toggle for afk. The real challenge here is gathering the obsidian. That's tedious, but we could always empty nwaste of lava and turn my 3rd or 4th res into a temporary obsidian factory. Not everyone has the gear to mine obsidian in the waste efficiently, and I could provide a beacon on my res for haste.

Iron Farm
    Dimensions: roughly 232 x 232 x 232 for a 12 unit farm
    Resources: 100 villager eggs, 132 doors (I think I have those still from ChrisFlareon), slabs (I should have most if not all), signs (we have them leftover from SlimeTime), and the usual building blocks, lava, water buckets, hoppers, etc.

I'm not sure yet how to build this as a non-afk build. I'm sure we can figure out how to make them 1 hit with a bit of trial and error though.

Squids and Their Ink
    Dimenions: Roughly 32 x 32 by a drop to the bottom, and spawn area max height is y60 I think. Someone go measure Sushi Drop, think it was 40 block drop or so.

I've actually never done one of these, but in theory, it could be made almost the same as Sushi Drop. We have some stacks of gates leftover from Sushi Drop, so really, the only resource here is wood. We'd just need to find an area with very little water nearby. I think there are some good areas near Slime Time for this.

Which one to do first?
    We have the resources more readily available for the iron farm or squid farm. Basically, I think we could get either done far quicker than the gold farm. However, votes indicate the gold farm is more requested. Thoughts everyone?
  13. #GOLDFTW
  14. Awesome! I didn't know you guys were building this, I could have helped. The farms look pretty nice. :)
  15. Let me know if you need any help next time I'm online, never have anything to do anymore so just ask! Same goes for materials, I have plenty if you need :)
  16. Like everthying... didnt have the patience for the iron farm.. liked the slime thing and the sushi drop (visited a few timnes already). Nice public services. Makes me cross over from smp7 regularly.

Thanks!
    Tuqueque, khixan and H00D like this.
  17. Thanks Deadmaster, EnderMagic, and WeezerNL!

Since Shyguy was the only one who has answered my inquiry so far, lemme try and state it again.

Y'all want the faster builds first (iron farm with at least 12 units and/or squid farm), or do we start the much longer build for the gold farm?

There's just no way to make the gold farm a quick build due to the gathering of 2 DCs of obsidian. So it really comes down to more utilities sooner (iron and squid), or go for the longer project of the gold farm? All of them will get done eventually :) Which ones do people want sooner? Thanks everyone!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  18. First off...ya'll I never used that kinda lingo before but i'm feeling...slightly...SASSY!

Second my vote won't count because all-mighty khixan wants a fast project that we already have?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  19. anyone want to build a wither smelly farm? i would love 1
  20. Or you can do it yourself...
    Tuqueque likes this.