SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. The bad news:
    I'm saddened to report that someone attacked the smp8 Public Grinders today.
    57 rail taken/destroyed, 6 power rail gone.
    Enchant table, crafting tables, furnaces, torches, etc.
    They attempted to break the cave spider grinders (both of them). All hail corrupted for locking the spawners.
    Multiple signs, chests, and beds, as well as many stone bricks and slabs.
    They destroyed part of the farm, and killed the mooshroom.
    They took the mooshroom soup chest even. What a grinch! "The last can of who-hash..."

The good news:
    The griefer was banned. smp8 immediately came together and we all fixed everything. We had so many people come out that we were bouncing into each other on the rails :D

Special thanks to ChrisFlareon for replacing valuables. Extra special thanks to corruptedsmile for fixing a ton of stuff and for crawling into cave spider spawners with me to repair the grinders.

I can't begin to recall everyone that came out to help. Thank you all so very very much. Go smp8 and emc! <3
    Tuqueque, Deadmaster98 and UltiPig like this.
  2. Good job everyone who did all that! Rail replacement, fixing up everything, good job! And thank you corrupted for getting the guy banned, I wish I was there, I had no time at all.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  3. Great job. Yet another reason smp8 rocks
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  4. #smp8FTW
    Tuqueque and TotoStyle like this.
  5. I haven't quite been out to the farms yet (typical lazy me), however I intend to do so this afternoon at some point. Sounds quite nice!
    Tuqueque, khixan and H00D like this.
  6. Hey guys, I built an iron farm at /wild n. And I decided to make a road to sushi drop. Along the way I found an old abandoned mob factory, so I'll connect that to the road and I'll assume it'll become part of the public utility system. There's no names or anything of value there just a water trap and fall for mobs to die and make mob drops.
    Tuqueque, khixan and H00D like this.
  7. Pictures by me will be up very very soon, today at 8PM EST lastest.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. I'm going to try to get back to lava bucketing the ocean to make a road today.
  9. Here is what is new!

To get to these do the following: /wild n Go left of spawnpoint First cobblestone structure you see
  10. Woot woot Peps! :D I'll try to come out tonight and check it out, thank you!

"Slime Time" work is progressing. I'm not sure if that will be the final name or not, but it works for the moment. Now we're just making everything nice out there. Thanks everyone!

Public safety messages:
    1) Don't jump up underneath the cave spiders at the grinders. You can be poisoned.

2) Going to Sushi Drop with your ps above 5 or 6 is like jumping into a pit full of sharks with lasers. Guardians will attack you and they may not die on dropping. Seffy and Caden kindly figured this out (the hard way lol).
    Tuqueque and UltiPig like this.
  11. Slime Time will be opening 7/8 at 5pm emc time :D

Thank you everyone who helped build this facility. There is a slime chunk farm, a swamp mob farm, an ice farm, and a snow farm. Go team!

Directions will be provided tomorrow afternoon, thank you all :D
  12. Chespin let me know we were outta chests for locking at Sushi Drop. Another locker room added there, thanks to AverageWalrus! :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  13. I can't wait! I have a sword and silky shears ready!
  14. Slime Time opens at 5pm emc time today :D Thank you everyone who helped on this build!

Wild S, head SW to rail at 788, 11053. It is almost under the floating nether portal. There is a stone brick and oak arch over the rail entrance. Left side is outbound rail. Cheers!

Special thanks to:
    corruptedsmile, MrCDub, deceptious, Agent_Creeper, H00D, AverageWalrus, Ultimamaxx, Prometha, AgB4ck for materials, tr300guru for materials.
    Tuqueque and Sandakumaran like this.
  15. FriendyPig found some minor griefing? or an accident? at the public nether hunting grounds. I have to leave to go to the dentist. I'm not sure if Friendy went to get a mod or not, and I haven't seen any of it myself. I have to leave now, but Sgt_Pepper4, you may want to check on it when you log in. Friendy said something about the log book and some signs missing? I think LuckyGreenBird is the mod most familiar with the signs. Thanks all!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  16. log books are gone.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  17. and I've noticed some item frames and objects disappearing in the portal room
    Tuqueque likes this.
  18. There's been a lot of griefing happening on smp8 lately just as a general fyi (so you guys can keep an eye on things). Two structures Matt (DubChef) and I built have been griefed in the past few days. They were small and not really useful at all, but it's happening.
    Tuqueque and DubChef like this.
  19. Well we'll have to be on the lookout, so we keep the dream alive and the attractiveness of smp8 up. I dont think any other smp has any dedicated system of farms open to all. So we have an edge. I may work on upgrading iron farm at /wild n tonight.
    Tuqueque, khixan and kaptrix like this.