SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. I totally did not know lol. Was wondering where you vanished off to :D
    I like the kill bay. The trick to that would be pulling it off correctly on EMC (getting them to 1 hit kills).
    The build I have in mind is 16 units, 4 stacked in each corner of a square. Each unit uses 16 villagers and 48 doors (if I counted right). I have screenies of it, will put them up come January. Thanks!
    Tuqueque and TotoStyle like this.
  2. I have worked out a thing on SP (I might send you a World Download if you are interested. It was more for the aesthetics rather than the functionality). It doesn't get them down to 1 HP, but within a few. You can sort of 1-hit-kill them with a diamond sword if you let them finish burning. Basically, it's a lava funnel which the golems fall through, therefore gaining lava damage and extra fire damage. I was wondering is you were thinking of a single kill-bay centred in the middle of the cells, or four different kill-bays under each four cells.
    Sorry to keep pestering you about it though, it's just my first big community project :DEDIT: Oh yeah, Here's an Imgur album of my design screenies: http://imgur.com/a/q25kD

Second Post (Put into first, obviously):

Sorry for the double post, But the Iron Farm was been yet AGAIN greifed.
    Would it be safer to take it down and wait for the new one to be built in Jan, leave it alone, or keep forever repairing it? :confused:
    Also, I have got some extra carts for the rail stop nearest to /wild north spawn. I have named these called Cuto Carts.
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  3. For now, just grab staff everytime you see it griefed. Keep getting those players banned =.= by now, it's either the ones who really think they can get away with griefing, or new players who love to grief and don't care about "do not grief" signs. Either way--griefing is intentional, and we don't need those players on emc =.=
    Tuqueque, TotoStyle and khixan like this.
  4. The Iron Farm has been like this for ages ever since it was built it had griefing problems and i dont think the griefing will stop until there is pretty much nothing left and thats pretty sad imo
  5. Shy and myself are repairing it at the moment. Shy got AlexChance in about it.
    EDIT: All done :)
    Tuqueque, SteamingFire and khixan like this.
  6. User is banned now, me and cuto fixing up iron farm now.
  7. Thank you all for taking care of Pep's iron farm!

Cuto, I'm sending you screenshots in a convo. What you've got there is very close to what I was thinking. My screenie's are from Finch's design. The modifications to the center for the kill bay are only in my head at this time. I need to get onto single player and try to work that out (and then have differences on EMC screw me all up lol).
  8. Some screenies of the fixed-up farm:
    http://imgur.com/a/q0gz9
    All seems to be in good working order now. One was in overdrive and was spawning golems whilst I was fixing it up :)
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  9. And the iron golems are spawning amazingly, we both did an excellent job :D
  10. The /nether has been griefed. I reported it. Mainly the walkway, but there are few things in the safe room under the main mob floor, and the safe room on the mob floor.
  11. And make sure you're on the build list please. It makes grief reporting a lot easier and no one innocent will get hurt.
  12. Can I be on the "Has Never Visited but Nags about it on Forums" team? >.>
  13. Sure
  14. Alright, online, I see the path damages. Mostly nether brick fence. Hope they burned to death trying to get it LOL.
    Getting replacement nether brick now. I'm online till I can't sit any longer.
  15. You're a saint khixan
  16. Preserve your butt, khixan. You'll need it for window-shopping =P
  17. My caboose is good Fire tyvm; it's my back that's killing me. Threw it out a few weeks ago. Still healing.

Peps, everything is fixed I think. Thank rdmaster, jhkt01, and me for materials, and crazy_x_gamer for running me out 2 buttons. I will freely admit I started to hurt too much when I got topside to the doors, and I half-@$$ed it. I'm taking a pain pill and laying back down. I'm better, but I really can't sit yet. Hurts like blazes now.
  18. Guess what?
    Another greifing at the iron farm!
    The middle and back cells where damaged, I got Alex in and he couldn't find anything on the logs unfortunately.
    I've fixed the middle, kill-zone and back.

I'm going to start to record griefings on a chart on Excel. This way I can see the increase/decrease of griefings. It will be done weekly, Eg- Week 1 - 3 griefs, Week 2 - 4 griefs, but in a graph format. I shall share the findings once I have sufficient data.
    However, to make this work, I will need to be notified of all griefings, via in-game /msg or PMs on the forums.
    Thanks!
    Tuqueque, Sgt_Pepper4 and khixan like this.
  19. Heh, i was actually going to suggest that someone guard the area like this, but having never visted the area myself, i thought that would've been waaay over the bounds of fairness =P thanks for volunteering, lol.

Btw, if Alex can't find anything, try another mod. There is no such thing as blocks that just disappear.
    Tuqueque, Sgt_Pepper4 and TotoStyle like this.
  20. I have just cleaned up the area around the iron farm.
    The floor is all stone now, there are crafting and smelting areas, beds, a proper snow farm (both in one building) and the kill zone has been given an extra chest and the blocks are all stone bricks now :)
    Tuqueque, Sgt_Pepper4 and khixan like this.