SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. I believe I found them, it just took some digging
    Tuqueque, khixan and TotoStyle like this.
  2. Just fixed the kill-zone. The lava was solidified into obsidian, so there was a loooong queue of golems to die.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  3. The Nightmare after Christmas at /wild n iron farm

I have come across a very terrible griefing today at this /wild n iron farm. Water gouging out everywhere, villagers gone mad and everyone, 2 slain snow golems, wheat farm destroyed and little billy thank goodness is safe. Here are some pictures of the damages: http://imgur.com/a/Doxgm (Was too many to put here :p)

The moderator, NickkiG, handled it and said the rules should have been more read through, so I assume a newb. Sgt_Pepper4 and Cuto, if you can, fix this place up, I cannot do it right now, I got to get to bed, since tomorrow I will be seeing friends for the Jet game. Good night everyone,
    -Shy

4. Thank you all for taking care of the builds! I really truly appreciate it <3 Wayne, bless you for handling Slime Time. I do not have the energy to deal with it today. Thank you Cuto and Shy and all the others for taking care of Pep's iron farm too! Very much appreciated <3

As if my back injury wasn't enough, I caught my husband's cold for xmas. I'm eating chicken soup and feeling yucky.

The iron farm at Wild N is actually not part of Public Wild Utilities. That's why it's not on this thread's first page. It belongs to Sgt_Pepper4 and is brought to everyone by his shop (The Bulk Store). Peps used to even have signs around it advertising his shop. I think they got lost in a griefing a while back. I just help Peps out with it from time to time :) I have enough trouble keeping track of all the stuff I am in charge of LOL. Peps can do his own thread or handle it in game as he pleases :)

If you want to be added as maintenance for any of the existing builds on the first page, send me an inbox message please. I have those organized by people who actually helped build them, or have the patience to listen to me tell them a ton of information about the build. Some of these builds have peculiar rules around them that are not obvious if you lack the information about how they work.

For example, many people have offered to put up a strength beacon at Pigmentus. Their generosity is appreciated, but a strength beacon would break that build. It runs on pigmen aggro. A strength beacon would equal NO aggro, and thus, it would actually break it. Some of the builds are straight forward, but for most of them, there is a "gotcha" that you need to know about before you can work on it :) Thank you all again!

EDIT: The first page OP has been updated for Wayne, deceptious, Codygraw, and Cuto. Thank you!
    Tuqueque and Tahitan like this.
  5. Thank you all. It will pay off soon as we get antigriefing. Free iron we can literally tp to.
  6. Peps, you can't claim that close to an outpost. It's something like 1500 or 3000 blocks. Go look it up. I'm not sure any of the public builds are actually far enough out to be claimed and protected.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  7. You wont need to claim stuff for prot
  8. 3000 blocks, I believe, for land claiming.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. On another note, the farm is fixed up, apart from the crops and 2 snowmen.
    In case you didn't notice, I added an extra cell horizontally, over the sea.
    Tuqueque, khixan and ShyguytheGamer1 like this.
  10. Hi all! Thanks for helping me rebuild the iron golem farm! It was just griefed yet again. Luckily though, I caught the person in action and Zion_Moyer was online :). It lead to a nice ending that Zion said I could share with all of you. This person was starting to mess with the water ways when the best golem of them all got a hold of this person before staff did. Let us point fingers and laugh at this griefer.

Tuqueque, khixan and ShyguytheGamer1 like this.
  11. I have bad news.

Little Billy died. Sgt_Pepper and I were out there fixing some stuff up. An enraged Zombie spawned, set Billy on fire, and then Billy died, before being turned himself. I had a few spare villager eggs, so a new villager is ready for trades and such.

At this time, I would like to extend my condolences to Shyguy and Billy's loved ones. Although he was just a product of a random number generator, he was a special random number, amongst all these other random numbers.

R.I.P. Billy.
    Tuqueque, khixan and ChumMiner like this.
  12. I think we'll have to troubleshoot a few cells, I'm not sure if they're working or not. Someone invest some time into figureing out which cells work and which don't? I know for sure the north cell works. And one of the western cells work. Center and east are unknown.
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  13. What about me? I'm his mother... :eek:
  14. BILLY! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  15. hi utilities crew i am asking permision to temporarlory close the overworked portal for the nag i keep getting griefer and i am attempting to smoke them out pls if not do u have a ny suggestions on what to do
    Tuqueque likes this.
  16. Overworked portal for nag?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  17. NHG IHATE auto correct
    Tuqueque likes this.
  18. Oh. Is the same person coming by and griefing? And what's the plan to smoke them out, if staff can usually take care of griefers? Or does overworked mean "griefer bait" and you're trying to make it less fancy so it get's griefed less? I'm confused, is anyone else? I'll try to be online today and maybe we can get more detail as to what your idea is. I do admit I have been eyeing taking out the doors that lead to nowhere and usually get griefed anyway.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  19. Oh and thanks for posting your question here btw. :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  20. i am hoping they fall i have broken all forms of respawn and it is a group 2 to 3 of them and
    it isn't fancy anymore -_- and i think it is mini bosses because i have like 6 near my base which have attracted people in the past
    Tuqueque likes this.