smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Im just curious if that is far enough out to get established.
    Sunny_Chicken likes this.
  2. It is not able to be established. It was started way long ago, before empires/land claiming was even announced. :p
    607 and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  3. Awww. That sucks. At least if there is griefing now you have build mode.
    Sunny_Chicken and FadedMartian like this.
  4. That's another issue that sadly the LLO pre-dates. I'd say 99% of the blocks that have built LLO were before buildmode, so the only things protected right now that were original are locked chests (obviously), crafting tables as well as furnaces. :/ But the LLO is still great! :D
    jacob5089, 607 and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  5. We actually did have a discussion with Aikar a number of years ago regarding establishing the LLO. At the time, he implied that there may be some exception made for the LLO given its size and age, however that conversation hasn't progressed far since then.

Yes you do! :D
  6. Hey guise, can i join?
  7. Lakeside was built during my 1st year, so fairly new, but it's HUGE but because its 300k out and not 5k we can't get it established part of it is in buildmode but not all of it.
    RidgeBeam and FadedMartian like this.
  8. Not a whole lot has happened since then. I extended the rail line past your farms and made it loop back around to Chicken Shores and worked on some stuff on the north west end of the jungle but other than that the outpost hasn't changed a whole lot. I've only seen maybe four different people in the outpost over the past year.

Edit:

Also I invited AsternFlyer624 out to the outpost and he repaired this old thing and did a fantastic job. This place was griefed and abandoned when I joined the outpost five years ago. I've never seen it looking so good.
  9. ^ Wow, I saw that the other day but hadn't realised it had been repaired. that looks really good, I'll have to check it out soon :D
  10. So where is this located at? Like Northern LLO if you will?
    Sunny_Chicken likes this.
  11. It's in the Southern area. If you get on the white line towards the south, you'll see it at the eastern end of the bridge you can see.
  12. I thought the LLO was properly established due to said exception :p
    mba2012 likes this.
  13. It might be, I'd have to go searching through old conversations to find out for sure though :p
    Sunny_Chicken and FadedMartian like this.
  14. My dearest Tbird, look at the amount of pages this forum has. That'll give you insight in the LLO's age haha

I gave it it's name way way back. So it's old, really old!

I still have an unfinished mansion somewhere there. It's outside the walls, but if you want you can finish it.
  15. Eclpisys dear, YOU are the builder, I am just a humble decorator waiting for a castle in Utopia to finally be built so I can finish decorating :rolleyes::D
    jacob5089, FadedMartian and 607 like this.
  16. Im trying to get my mods up n running as we speak haha
    607 and Tbird1128 like this.
  17. I've actually been working on a large project. I'll give a screenshot of it, see if you can figure out what it is. It's not necessarily inside of the LLO, but it's close enough to the wall surrounding it. You're welcome to come by if you can find me on the SMP7 map.
    penfoldex, Philovanrood, 607 and 2 others like this.
  18. The Shavingfoam Condo Complex is now complete! Now accepting tenants. First come first serve. :)

It's located on the Wintermoon Express Line, before the bridge. A rail station is planned.

penfoldex, 607, fBuilderS and 3 others like this.
  19. That is this place here:

Down in the southern LLO, south-west of Grand Central Station.

Also:
    I was wrong about that. This old district map shows that my old tower (in the smaller red circle) predates this base, which means it was probably built, griefed, and then abandoned back when I was inactive.
  20. If shavingfoam and Aikar ever did the chest lock, it is. :p

Holy moly. That looks fantastic. The old building was beyond amazing, but this is an excellent restoration.
    607, jacob5089, mba2012 and 1 other person like this.