smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Nice
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  2. I remember it all too well... :D
    Ooh, dramatic plot twist!
    Jakres and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  3. I highly suspect that the rules are the way they are so as to avoid the whole LLO and the problems that would be involved.
  4. I think maybe just the bits that are old and need protection as their owners will likely not rebuild should be protected...
    Just my opinion :)
  5. I don't think so. I think the rules are that way so that there would not be like 20 new outpost near the spawn points.

We already are talking with the staff on how the new protection can be applied to the LLO and it seems like it will work out just fine.
    We'll have a central chest somewhere probably with me or another senior member's name on it. This will just let the staff know on who to contact. It it merely a symbolic / technical thing and won't change the way the LLO works, just make it easier to work with the mods to keep out the bad guys. :)
    607, JakTails, Sunny_Chicken and 5 others like this.
  6. I was just browsing through old LLO posts and found this:

I still remember the epic storms at the LLO.
    Do those still happen or have they been patched out? At the time the LLO was famous for those storms and people from all server would come by to see them.
    607, JakTails, Sunny_Chicken and 4 others like this.
  7. I think they have been
    :(
  8. ah well. those were crazy. grown men would get scared and hide in groups.
    we even had special storm shelter projects and people would scream in the chat "Come to the shelter near the XY!".
    what is a tragedy in real life can be a really good way to have fun as a community in minecraft
    607, JakTails, Sunny_Chicken and 6 others like this.
  9. I remember them, there was a rumour going around school that lightning was an instant kill and it blew you up...
    It made it truly petrifying :p
  10. The LLO Rail Map has been updated! Changes include:
    • Added a label for "Chicken Shores"
    • Added a label for "Neve Farms"
    • Updated the map for the merge of the Jimbotown/NorthernEdge lines in Yettitown.
    map-finished17.jpg
    Jakres, Dwight5273, Eclipsys and 6 others like this.
  11. I might note that the interchange between the white line loop going north to Yettitown and the light line going to the party place has been removed and the rail runs direct from grand central to YettiTown, stopping still in the Jungle Station.
    zulu9, Jakres and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  12. Yeah, if I remember correctly, it had something to do with one of the first Spigotbuilds...

Also, post #1802 (page 91) used to have one of those vids too.
    607, JakTails and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  13. I remember those storms. Used to call SMP7 the storm server. Wish we still got them like that.
  14. Oh dang, forgot about that! I'll have to make another update. Thanks mba!

P.S. I like the name "The White Loop". I just might have to add it :D
    Jakres, Sunny_Chicken, zulu9 and 2 others like this.
  15. This is my 5,000th post. I now have almost half the number of posts this thread does. And I also think that at least half my posts are in this thread, so crude maths says that a quarter of the posts in this thread are mine... Should I go count? :p I certainly wouldn't be on the highest posting members list if it wasn't for this thread :p

Anyways, LLO members, enjoy my 5,000th post! :D

I'm dedicating this post to the LLO and it's great members!
    607, JakTails, Olaf_C and 8 others like this.
  16. Um, technically, the East Yeti Town Station is still there and stops any passing minecart (Although I can easily change that to match the rail map).
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  17. I didn't notice that :p But, yeah, there is a station between the Jungle station and the Yettitown one :p
  18. not anymore. minecarts no longer stop there (i can easily undo that if you want)
    zulu9 and Jakres like this.
  19. I remember removing that station from the map and then later noticing that the station was still there! >.< I think it makes sense for the East Yetti Station to be there. If it's still there, I will re-add it to the map. :)
    Jakres, Sunny_Chicken and mba2012 like this.
  20. Why did you modify it? It was a useful station. In the future, please tell us before you modify things.