smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I have a bit of a proposal to make for the rail system. This is a simple expansion of existing infrastructure, this is not a big grand project, just an extra rail link. Currently there is a line in the Level 9 Rail System that runs under the western bay. It is still under construction and can be seen with the yellow squares on the latest rail maps.

My proposal is to run this line all the way through the LLO from east to west. This line will run through the most central parts of the LLO. This would be similar to the crossrail project in London. It would allow fast travel from east to west without having to change lines at any point. Currently, a rail trip from the most eastern station on the system currently requires four line changes to reach the stadium. This line would run from the east, through grand central and to the west and onto the stadium. And I may extend to to the University once it's been built.

The red line would be extended from it's current terminus in the L9RS to come and meet this line, which would be two rails the entire length of it. The crossrail line may alter rom it's path a few times to allow it to travel through highly populated areas.

What are people thoughts and opinions?
    zulu9, Jakres, NINJATTILA and 3 others like this.
  2. Holy crap.. Is this the biggest thread on the site? Sorry for an irrelevant post, but this is such a legend of an outpost! I need to go check it out ASAP
    zulu9, Jakres and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  3. Yes, this is the biggest thread on EMC. We have been since page 100 or something.
  4. I think posts about how long this is are relavent, how often they are posted :p
  5. The only thing that went was the detector rails (which i will reinstall).
    Jakres and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  6. But I want to know why you removed them.
  7. Hai.

So I haven't been around since page 400 or 500 something. Reason being because I took a break from Minecraft to play other games over the past few months like Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, and some other things because it's bored me for the past year or so.

I also haven't been in the LLO since June, so I haven't really been a member of the outpost since then. But now i'm going to 'rejoin', so to speak :p

Somebody fill me in what's going on with the rail stations? They're all over the last couple of pages and I have no clue what the fudgecakes is going on.
  8. Because I believed that it was pointless(although you do make a good point).
  9. Please tell us next time you remove a station, people use it, it's there for a point. It doesn't cost any money, so you don't need to remove it. I've also noticed you've changed some signs in some stations. Can you please just inform us when or before you change something? :)
    zulu9, Jakres, NINJATTILA and 3 others like this.
  10. The East Yetti Station's detector rails are back.
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  11. i dont think i changed some signs in stations.
    Jakres, Sunny_Chicken and zulu9 like this.
  12. Um, Can I use this building? It doesn't seem like it's being used although there is a mule inside (Sorry that the screenshots aren't that clear).

2013-12-15_14.19.10.png

2013-12-15_14.19.24.png

Jakres likes this.
  13. And for what purpose you want the building?
    And what about the Fish island?
    Sunny_Chicken likes this.
  14. For the building in Yeti Village, I want to build a shop on the bottom floor and use the top as a storage area. As for Fish Island, I plan on building a modern house there (If it affects the Snow Path, I'll create a detour).
    zulu9 and Jakres like this.
  15. I don't like the idea having a modern house. The current island size would be better to have different types of trees.
    But I'm ok with the shop part but I will only allow changes to the glasses and changes inside the house . The outside look will remain the same as it is.
    zulu9, Sunny_Chicken and NINJATTILA like this.
  16. Um, I'd like to modify the (highly inefficient) rail lines in the north-eastern parts of the LLO. My plan is to:
    • Merge the brown, obsidian, and eastern lines into 1.
    • Convert the one-way rail lines into two.
    • Move lines underground (When necessary).
    I will draw a draft route later. Please give me any feedback on this idea and I am willing to answer any questions/concerns.
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  17. All of the above have been denied multiple times. I have a few proposals of my own for an extension of the Obsidian line. All of the lines are designed to be point to point, and those modifications would go against those ideals...
  18. PLEASE READ!!!!
    If I were to create a graveyard, would anyone use it? It would be recomended that only past LLO/EMC members are "buried" there, but ultimately, I'm leaving it up for LLO members to decide. It would be in District 1, near my house. If anyone has an ideal place in District 1, please PM me!

Thanks!

-Cc
  19. You'd have to ask Dwight's permission, as he is the person who constructed the Obsidian line. :) I don't think he wants anyone to change them though.
  20. Yet it happens all the time :(
    Jakres, zulu9, Jimbonothing64 and 2 others like this.