smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Did you just find this now? Because we've had a few fire/lava griefings.
    Jakres likes this.
  2. Sadly I think your house may have been griefed earlier and not touched in thel atest griefings.
    Jakres likes this.
  3. Somewhere in the LLO there should be a sign that reads the following: "Should you stumble upon a torch somewhere, and wonder why it is there, or who placed it, consider this. Someone died as a result of an en masse attack of 3 zombies, 2 creepers a skeleton and a spider just to put it there. Please leave it so that someone else like you may pass this place in peace."

Or something like that.

On a similar note, it does occur to me that mobs cannot spawn if the entity count in an area is 250. Time to install massive animal farms every 3 chunks to ensure no hostile mobs spawn.

Well, except within range of anyone's grinder. That is the rub, isn't it?
    Jakres, mba2012, zulu9 and 2 others like this.
  4. Of course this is just some of the damage to the LLO.

I have already started the reconstruction of the tree farm. Its gonna take a lot of sandstone.
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  5. I hate those people who think its funny to go around burning down others creations. We need more mods supporting the LLO! People need to take these outposts seriously. I'll see what sandstone I can get for you.
    Jakres, mba2012, zulu9 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Well, I think they do a good job. Not everyone can be attentive all the time. And a mod did catch and ban the griefer who did this.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers,
    Curundu
    Jakres, mba2012 and zulu9 like this.

7. I just don't understand it - I've had a site on smp7 since July 2012 (or therabouts) and to the best of my knowledge never had a visitor, let alone griefing, yet LLO has had almost continual bother :( - a bit like the real world - some folk seem to be more interested in griefing rather than co-operation :(
    Jakres, mba2012, zulu9 and 1 other person like this.
  8. True. I just believe more mods should be involved in these wild communities to scare the griefers off.
    Jakres, mba2012 and zulu9 like this.
  9. Well we are relativly close to spawn, welcome new members without much conditions (we like if they say "hi" here, that is all) and got a large thread. This makes LLO probably more visible as target for those idiots. But then again this was the experiment the LLO was founded on to begin with. The fact we are still here and people talk about repairing and the future and not giving up is really encouraging :)
    Jakres and Philovanrood like this.
  10. The museum design is looking really good, and I'm planning for construction to pick up again in March. :D
    However, we're going to probably make two museums, because from what I've found, good wool dinosaurs take up a lot of space.
    Jakres, shavingfoam, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  11. you had me at "wool dinasaurs". any way I can help from out of game? like suggesting sings or helping organize material / builders / funds?
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  12. Hm…you could organize what would be at which museum. I'm thinking of having it kind of like the Smithsonian, with multiple museums.
    Funds…I'm definitely going to need a lot more glass than I thought I would for the one on the stone brick platform. Small donation?
    I'm definitely building the one I have been working on, but people are welcome to build other ones. :)
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  13. Alright :) Donated 10K to help starting the museum fund.
    As for which museums I think we should try to copy the kind of museums we find in the real world.
    Like one for wool art, maybe a technical one for redstone gimmicks, one for the LLO history, memorials for big events. That kind of stuff :)
    Jakres, penfoldex and mba2012 like this.
  14. Hey Lotad

I just realized that you moved out in the desert to the west to start your "exile" camp. I planned the wall to go through there a while back, and it looks like you built in my planned path when I wasn't looking.

There are a couple options:
    • I can route the wall East (towards the LLO side)
    • I can route the wall West (towards the sea) which would put you inside the LLO bounds. (not that that really means anything)
    • I can put a giant archway in the wall and run the wall right over the top of your lookout tower.
    • I can put a giant tower right around your new camp, and you can take "ownership" of it.
    • Something else of your choosing!
    Let me know what you want to do.
    Namaste.
    kishcake, Jakres, L0tad and 3 others like this.
  15. BTW, I think the archway would look badass, and would put you "not inside nor outside" the LLO, but literally on the border which seems fitting.
    Jakres, L0tad, shavingfoam and 2 others like this.
  16. Did some fixing on the white line. Not all powered rails were placed there. Detector rails still missing.
  17. I took a break from the wall and came back to my property to do a little cleanup and ender-chest sorting. I thought I had a bunch of stacks of sandstone, but I guess I sold them off in town. I do have a few stacks of rails if anyone wants to use them for rebuilding. I thought I'd patch up the red line myself.

EDIT: Oh, I also need to hear back from Lotad before I continue the wall in the west, so I will start extending the Eastern wall to the sea in the north. I chatted with a couple of Umbrella folks a while back, and they thought it would be ok to have the wall run to their East. This would "include" them within the LLO bounds, but it shouldn't imply that they are LLO.

See also: Lesotho
    Jakres, mba2012 and L0tad like this.
  18. How does the community feel about removing the dirt line in the sky over the jungle. Of course I thought it should never have been put in the first place. :mad: It appears Virstis has forestalled or abanonded work on her floating island. Any thoughts?
    Jakres and shavingfoam like this.
  19. I'm fine with removing the line above the jungle, but could the island remain?
    Jakres likes this.
  20. I believe L0tad Left LLO so it should be fine :)
    Jakres and L0tad like this.