smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. change it to lastlightoutpost
    Jakres likes this.
  2. Whose place is that by the suspension bridge with the giant palisade wall and sheep in 4x4 pens and stuff? I am naming it "Zombie Nation".
    Jakres, zulu9 and mba2012 like this.

3. Kernkraft 400 <3
    Jakres, zulu9, mba2012 and 1 other person like this.
  4. I will see if i have extra coal from the new Gangnam location. If so, i will donate. Nice to see that there is no arguing.
    Jakres, btribble, zulu9 and 1 other person like this.
  5. just found this in the changelog of the latest minecraft snapshot.
    http://mojang.com/2013/01/minecraft-snapshot-13w04a/

I hope they will keep this feature. this would be great for the LLO or other outposts if the tracks were safer.
    Jakres likes this.
  6. You mean the bridge to the west?
    Jakres likes this.
  7. Ok, so this is an idea I came up with in a conversation about the griefings. Feel free to comment.
    Jakres, zulu9 and penfoldex like this.
  8. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_Security_Advisory_System
    maybe we can use that scale. we should distinguish between ongoing griefing reports and repots of spotted damages.
    maybe that scale is useful for both.
    like severe would mean something like "place on fire an lava everywhere" etc.
    just replace the word "risk" with ongoing griefing / found damage. like in real life the default could be yellow and the lower ones never get used because we are in the wild ;)
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  9. I think we should develop our own criteria but those ratings are good.
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  10. So I am thinking.
    • Severe (red): Buildings unrecognisable, Unsafe to move around, Lava and fire around
    • High (orange): ???
    • Elevated (yellow): ???
    • Guarded (blue): ???
    • Low (green): Some blocks missing
    Jakres and penfoldex like this.
  11. Jakres, zulu9 and mba2012 like this.
  12. let's fix it and be an example then ;)
  13. like for starters we can actually use the lower levels and accurately describe the current damage / griefing activities
  14. We should also put up signs around the LLO that state the current griefing level.
    Jakres likes this.
  15. Ok guys. So this is an example griefing level sign that could go up around the LLO.
    2013-01-27_17.12.15.png

The reason the level is on a different sign from the other sign is so we don't have to retype the entire sign each time.
    Jakres and L0tad like this.
  16. Hmm. I like the idea if the signs refer to the region or building to keep track of repairs.
    And maybe a general sign at town hall.
  17. Ok. So we can do a full LLO one at town hall, and one for each district plus some full LLO ones around the place. And also for certain buildings.

And we should create a criteria to work out if a building is salvageable or should be removed or replaced.

And I reakon that the Tree farm should be completely ripped down and replaced with a building made of stronger materials.
    Jakres likes this.
  18. Agreed. Something like stone should be used so it can't burn down.
    Jakres, btribble, penfoldex and 3 others like this.
  19. Lets use obsidian!
  20. ...All we need is an attractive but non-flammable material.
    I suggest sandstone as it fits well with the trees - if people were to give me sandstone I would be able to remake the tree farm.
    Jakres, Curundu, L0tad and 1 other person like this.