Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. I can, just popped on a second to check and the server has no issues.

Sorry, but it is your connection, at least something between you and the Empire.

You can't blindly trust sites like isitdown because they'll use different methods to try and establish connectivity. For example: you're trying to connect to Minecraft (default port 25565) while they'll be mostly checking for website connectivity (port 80 and 443). It's easy to proof as well: just do this check again when you're reconnected and you'll see that they'll still deem EMC to be down.

My guess is that something between your computer and the Empire is acting up. I've experienced this dozens of times myself as well: then I couldn't connect to EMC for 20 - 30 minutes while others (even from Holland) had no issues at all.
  2. Yeah. Thanks for the help. :/
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Yeah, sorry I can't do more :( But... We can always blame Chin (and hope he's not looking :D) ;)
    nuclearbobomb likes this.
  4. Didn't realise there was a specific thread to post issues, figured it was in the Help/support section and you were to just create your own post -which explains why It got no attention.

I want to point out an old issue about the Netherhounds.. The moment they are activated to attack you (aggression mode), their movement becomes completely laggy and landing accurate attacks are very hard all while the rest of the mobs in the area are moving very smoothly, even if they are aggressive. Also, no matter the difficulty settings you are currently at, they are fixed to lvl 5.

My ping averages from 80 to 160 depending on the time of the day. My internet bandwidth is not an issue along with wireless router connectivity. So it's not a "me" problem as far as I can figure.

In the later hours of the day (7pm - 12am) my ping connection to the server averages up to 180 - 360+ which creates massive problems for me when I try to mine or fight mobs. Air blocks that were once stone become glitch blocks that you cannot traverse through and have to replace with a solid block, to which automatically converts back to the original block before it was removed, which is stone in this case. Carefully building at heights becomes an unproductive situation due to lag glitching my character off the block and suddenly splattered on the ground while my crouch button was held the entire time. It has come to a point where I purposely evade playing the game during the evening now :(

I'm a firm user of League of Legends and at any point of the day, my ping connectivity sits just under 40, so I'm guessing your server location has something to do with it? I'm honestly not sure and it would be most helpful if someone can help me fix this ping issue I have with Empire. I love playing the game through you guys and I would be most grateful if something positive can come out of this.

~Thank you for your time~
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. There seems to be an issue on smp6 in the Frontier, The light Level is stuck on 15, and its not me, been asking others and its the same,
    UltiPig and RaiinNL like this.
  6. Donkey is disappearing every time i stand up. SO you need to relog every time. But i think MC 1.9 is anyway a bit more buggy then 1.8
  7. Chicken Jockey's without the Jockey are spawning in the nether lol
  8. Also not sure if this has gone into effect all over the world but Day Light Saving Time happened, /time needs to be set back an hour if this happened globaly.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. Daylight savings time hasn't happened in the United States yet, which is where /time is based on
    Kytula and UltiPig like this.
  10. Correct, EMC is using Eastern Standard Time, I am on the same time...
  11. Daylight savings time doesn't end until next weekend for the US
  12. Day light saving time started today where I live, unless I'm getting something wrong
  13. True, but for some reason it's different in different countries/time zones. Europe stuff went an hour back today, the US will do so next week, I know (a part of) Australia went back half an hour last week or so, and some countries/time zones don't have summertime and wintertime at all! :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. I dont have that issue on smp 6 frontier
  15. cant lock chest at public builds. it says "lock is too close to another players lock" even if the players locked chest is across the room
  16. Hey seatwig, If you're on smp8, that's actually a PWU problem, not a server problem. If you post the chest location (build name and coords of chest or describe where it's at) on this thread, we'll get that fixed for you. Thanks.
    SMP8 PWU (Public Wild Utilities) thread -
    emc.gs/t/53627/#post-964163
    ShelLuser likes this.
  17. its all public builds on all the servers. I run the smp6 public utility's and we have the same issue
  18. You have to place both the chests and signs in /noprotectmode
    I'm pretty sure that's the command syntax. Hope that helps!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  19. thanks
  20. map.emc.gs is down