Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. I have been getting kicked quite a lot today, The messages were ReadTimeoutException:null and [Proxy] lost connection to the server Edit:The Readtimeoutexception: null just happened again twice, that's the third and fourth time it's happened today. The Proxy only happened once.
    b0bbythebuild3r likes this.
  2. Yeah, on SMP1 there is some crazy lag. I'll throw an item and it only shows up after about 10 seconds.

I'm also being repeatedly kicked off SMP1 with Connection Timed Out and the Connection Forcibly Closed messages.
  3. There's a strange lag on the server that makes it hard to play. Never have this. SMP9
  4. I'm getting kicked as well, just not the same error message. says software aborted or something. host machine. kicked twice in the past ten minutes

Edit: and just dced again. it just said: disconnected.
  5. Kicked with the Proxy message yet again, It's happening every few minutes :/ Edit:It's not the proxy kick that's happening every few minutes, it's generally Readtimeoutexception: null. But proxy has happened a few times.
  6. Same thing happened to me it must be a internal issue I think
  7. I can confirm that something weird is still going on. But it seems to be per-player only. Right now I'm suffering from massive lag (click a teleport sign and get TP'd 5 seconds later with an error about TP'ing too fast) but another player on the server (no, not Aya for a change) didn't have any issues at all.

Eventually I got kicked offline, re-logged and from here on everything seems normal again. Weird stuff.
    crazyminerpete likes this.
  8. yeah, it isn't the same lag as before when the tps would drop. the tps is stable. This is completely different. Like certain actions are going in slow motion. From /vault to teleporting to chat messages. Every once in a while, running aronud you get a nice little stutter too.
  9. This would indicate that there is some amount of networking lag between you and the server. If there is not TPS lag, that means the servers are running things right away (without delay). The servers are not getting your commands right away would be the problem.
  10. That can still include the server itself , the datacenter or something between that and the user.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  11. I managed to AFK for a few hours without getting kicked, looks like things are stable once more.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  12. True, I didn't mean to point blame. General networking issues.
    We had primarily been having some problems which are TPS lag issues, so I guess I was trying to indicate this is a different issue (still legitimate) than what we have been dealing with recently.
    Gawadrolt and ShelLuser like this.
  13. Me and several others are all of a sudden getting massive ping issues on smp6...
  14. Apparently 2 hours ago my afking account got kicked with the readtimeoutexception: null thing again, nvm this.
  15. Yesterday, the Forum was laggy for me and I've got few timeout messages.
    ping -A to web01.starlis.com showed 20% packet loss. Didn't further investigate it.
    Now it's 1% - 3%, same as with ping to a Washington DC hub, I suspect problems between Amsterdam and Washington DC.
    So that affects only Europe and there's not much we can do about it.

There still could be further unrelated causes on EMC side.
  16. I got three different errors while trying to connect just now. First: timed out. Second: you are trying to connect too fast... there was about 30 seconds inbetween me trying to connect. Third: are the servers down? that was an odd message lol.
    Terminator908 likes this.
  17. connection timed out. now I cant connect
  18. Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
    Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at smp6.emc.gs Port 443
    while trying the live map :p
    jhtk01 likes this.