Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. It sounds like what you want is a "loc" (location), using "/res loc add <loc>" while standing where you want it to go. The "tag" feature is mainly for other people to get to your residence without typing your name or res number, but instead using something like "+shop". It randomizes which res they'll land on if more than one have the tag, and it will just send them to the main res tp, like you said (unless they use "/v +<tag> <loc>").

Point is, a tag replaces the res name/number, while a loc is added on, and specifies where on the res to land.
    TBird1128 and ShelLuser like this.
  2. What i have done and it has worked, get the spider head, Place it on the ground then pick it up place it in ur vault and go to another smp take it out put it back in and go back to ur smp and it should work.
    JesusPower2, Eviltoade and ShelLuser like this.
  3. Thanks for the tip. Heads have always been a problem on the Empire. I dumped it in a chest and eventually it turned into a spider. And back again. And then back into a spider. And that's when I decided to donate it to a very lucky random player :D
    Patr1cV and ScufIsAOriginal like this.
  4. Anytime :D
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  5. That worked....Thanks!
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  6. (Very late post, I am aware)

By the way, now that I have my new processor, the server seems to be running just fine, the performance issues I had were solely because of my previous processor being too weak.
  7. It seems "Respawn closest location" doesn't work correctly in the Wild. I just died there (two times, lol) and ended up near a bed in the wastelands. I'd somewhat expected to be dumped near the outpost.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  8. Doesn't your bed override that setting? If you have a valid bed, that is always assumed to be where you should spawn.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. That's not what the help / wiki says: it suggests that beds are overridden when this option is turned on, as long as the outpost is closer to your deathpoint than your set bed. It's also the behavior which I noticed when I died in the waste close to an outpost (but I'd have to test to make sure, that's been a while).
  10. that is what the documentation says...

but it literally has never worked that way.
    Tuqueque, TomvanWijnen and ShelLuser like this.

11. Oh no, it definitely did not always prefer the bed.

Otherwise this travel trick would have failed...
    • Place bed 20k out.
    • Ride in 10k, turn setting ON, die, respawn at town.
    • Turn setting OFF.
    • Die, respawn at bed.
  12. Well, then it never worked correctly :p

Edit: correction. I believe we re-purposed a player setting to what is supposed to do now.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  13. When I die and my head drops is my skins head but when I log out or switch smps my head glitchs out and goes back to my old skin that i dont even use anymore then I all of a sudden its goes to my skin but goes back to my old skin. Why does this happen?
    Kytula likes this.
  14. The new head will be your new skin, but you likely have an old head with your old skin on your Residence.

This causes the game to bug out on the client and get confused on which one to show.

I might have an idea to fix that though
  15. Thank you, Aikar
  16. Server is very laggy today /tps 8/29/2016
  17. As bizarre as this may sound it's most likely your connection which isn't fine but there's little you or the Empire can do about it.

Here's the problem: when you connect to the Empire it's not a one on one connection. The signal (data) is actually passing through dozens of other systems before it reaches the Empire. Mostly routers (=devices which are specifically used to send the right data packages to the right destination).

Sometimes something 'bad' can happen with those systems. For example: when they have to process too much data it is possible that some start to run a bit slower, which can cause small delays. But as you might realize: many small things can make up for one bigger thing.

My guess is as good as yours, but I think something like this is probably happening: somewhere between your PC and the Empire things tend to slow down a bit. However, this shouldn't happen all the time. I just missed you online otherwise I'd have asked about it.
    LtCaptainMe, Sealeon and BenMA like this.
  18. Interested incidents. On multiple occasions yesterday and today I have gotten off my horse and it has disappeared. When I log off and back on it's back. Spooky, right.
  19. That happened to me quite a few times when we first updated to 1.9.
  20. That has also happened to me, it must be a 1.9 thing