Sad to Say Goodbye for Now

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by We3_MPO, Apr 5, 2024.

1. Due to my PC's old graphics card suddenly malfunctioning, I've been completely inactive on EMC for weeks now. I finally got a cheap new one so my PC at least works, but unfortunately, I can't play Minecraft. Minecraft won't work with my current drivers, and even games that shouldn't be remotely problematic are slow (e.g. Jewel Quest II) or outright laggy (Wildlife Park Tycoon 4). Nonetheless, I checked to be sure everything was up to date and tried to change the display settings to what was recommended. I couldn't force any of my drivers to update automatically nor find the recommended 1920x1080 display as an option in my settings. :mad::rolleyes:

I'll probably have to get a new, better graphics card that I almost certainly cannot currently afford. This means it's goodbye for now, as much as I hate to say it. I have no timeline of when to return, though. Given the spring planting season beginning in earnest here in Middle Tennessee, the unpredictable nature of my job (I'm a construction painter) and the fact that I'm almost certainly going to have to look well out-of-state (not simply in Kentucky or North Alabama) to find a suitable boyfriend but currently have no reliable friends to go with, it may be a while before I can afford a better graphics card. I hate to leave; losing my biggest hobby almost completely for the foreseeable future is making an already-unprecedented mental health challenge even worse. I'm unlikely to take the risk of getting a loan and/or changing jobs simply to be able to pay for everything sooner, however tempting both ideas are on paper. :confused::rolleyes:

My dedication to EMC is still going strong, though. I intend to return as soon as it's strategically viable. No one tried harder to build infrastructure to open and spice up his frontier outpost to try to revive EMC. There's no way, at least for now, that I can finish what I started back in 2022, but there may be a path for other worthy people to volunteer if we closely coordinate. If not, I understand; I'll eventually return to finish what I started and hopefully give our wonderful server a new lease on life for players that want something more conventional than the limited towns on utopia and the nine SMPs, less challenging than going out to start your own outpost in the middle of nowhere and less authoritarian than joining most existing outposts. That's what the Minecraft Paradise Outpost is all about; as the name suggests, we want to give people a fourth choice that is less limited than town, is less remote and more developed than new outposts and where members are actually valued and allowed to vote on things and/or request a vote on recruiting their friend(s). :aikar::love: :<3:

I hated to leave. I had no choice. I will be back, though. :(
  2. I'm sorry to hear of you leaving because of a video card issue. For a gamer that is probably the worst reason for not getting in game. I can't stand it how the hardware and software industries have us by the nuggets all the time. Either by forcing an update, oh but wait, it is your choice, update or don't use it. Hehe. Hey, do I detect a new piece of fully functioning hardware in "your" computer? I'm going to upgrade the drivers for you. Don't worry, they are fully backward compatible.
    Scene fades to software company software engineer on the phone to salesperson at the hardware company, get ready for a wave of orders for your video card cause I just released a "backward compatible" update. Scene fades to black with lots of laughing.

Anyway, it is fixible, you just need spare money to throw at it, which can be tricky to find. I do look forward to seeing you in game again and to read of your adventures.
  3. Sorry to hear about your issue! I've had the same problem, which is surprising as Minecraft doesn't seem like the most demanding game. I was able to get a new graphics card for my birthday back then, though.
    I hope you can find other rewarding hobbies in the meantime!
    We3_MPO likes this.
  4. It turns out, all I needed was a new driver. I was skeptical but accepted mom's offer to try to help anyways, and it paid off. Minecraft works now!
    Zomberina, Raaynn, 607 and 2 others like this.
  5. Welcome back! I'm glad your issue is sorted out and you can play online without any issues! 🎊️
    We3_MPO likes this.
  6. Wow, that was easier than expected! Where did you get the driver?
    We3_MPO likes this.
  7. It was! Mom did some research to see what we'd need to install, but we had to do it manually. It's called GeForce Experience.
    607 and KatydidBuild like this.
  8. good its fixed but normaly minecraft runs more on the cpu rigt most other games run on gpu or am i wrong
    We3_MPO likes this.
  9. Sorry to see you go We3_MPO have a nice break, no doubt will see you back soon
    We3_MPO likes this.
  10. It's nice that you're back again, even if this post is late. :)
    607 and We3_MPO like this.