Rules Updates: August 11, 2018

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. The same could be said about your supportership color in comparison to a non-supporter. The argument is invalid.
    Luckygreenbird likes this.
  2. I do have an unfair advantage though. I can put fancy text on my shop adverts. I pay for it. So it's not invalid
  3. So what makes that any different from a Staff member? They are granted a green name in response for duties performed. When they don't complete the duties, the special name is revoked. They 'pay' in moderation duties.
  4. I hate to be on staff's side here, but staff earned that fancy colored name.
    Luckygreenbird and Windylava like this.
  5. no need
    ConductorConduit and BenMA like this.
  6. I'm not saying they don't deserve it. I'm just saying the new rules make it unfair. You should reverse them. Obviously the solution is not to take auctions away from staff. That's my point sorry if it got lost somehow.

Bumping made it fair. Now it is completely reliant on popularity of the player.
    kaptrix, ConductorConduit and BenMA like this.
  7. I cannot understand 50% of what you say. I know you from the SMP7 Server and I must say... strange.
    ASliceOfRhyBread and Windylava like this.
  8. rude im reporting you
    BenMA likes this.
  9. He has a point.
    ConductorConduit and BenMA like this.
  10. How is it unfair? They are unable to bump their posts, just like a normal player. Your arguement was founded on the ability of a green name to make them stand out. My counter-argument is that your name stands out from a non-supporter. You all have to follow the same no bumping rule. How then is this unfair?

Edit: If a player is willing to bid on an item because of who is hosting it, that's a flaw in the bidder's frame of mind, not in the system. That issue persists whether or not bumps are allowed.
  11. Use grammar and make your intent clear. And use /s if you don't mean it. Can we take this to a conversation?
    ASliceOfRhyBread likes this.
  12. krysyy i just want to say that warlord is being rude and i wanna report him
    BenMA likes this.
  13. Yeah. They have been for ages.
    Luckygreenbird likes this.
  14. Bumping made it fair. Now it is completely reliant on popularity of the player. C'mon Krysyy. We all know that staff are very popular. That's not a problem in itself and is actually a good thing. But now people will see threads based on who follows them. A lot of staff have a lot of followers. New players are clearly at a disadvantage.
    TomvanWijnen and FunWart like this.
  15. Alright then, I'm taking this to conversation.
  16. They've been allowed for
    a long time. They just arent very popular because fimding people willing to participate is hard.
    Impulsive_Egg and FadedMartian like this.
  17. ok just sont bully me please
    BenMA likes this.
  18. I'll add in my edit from my last post.

If a player is willing to bid on an item because of who is hosting it, that's a flaw in the bidder's frame of mind and their inability to simply look at the list, not in the system. That issue persists whether or not bumps are allowed.
  19. Man, this place is really something now.... a little bit of debate got y'all in your feelings.
    BenMA and FadedMartian like this.
  20. Blind auctions aren't allowed and certain items aren't allowed. But other than that, they've been allowed. No one seems to do them much anymore, but when I wasn't staff we used to have in-game auctions frequently.