Rules Updates: August 11, 2018

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet. Of course everyone wants to play with the new toy. I've seen some players post auctions for the first time. Maybe once the dust settles, they'll be active auctioneers and boost auction participation. Maybe they won't. The only way to know is to let time pass and see where the chips fall.
  2. if they want to destroy the economy wouldnt they just just alt f4?
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  3. Forum auctions are held on the forums. So yeah, people have to go to the forums to see them anyways.

You are more than welcome to host an in-game auction.
    Luckygreenbird likes this.
  4. Ooooooh, you got me there! Good point! :p
  5. uhhh is this 2011? i remember it from then
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  6. then isnt that advertising an auction in game?
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  7. So, you're telling me I can't advertise a forum auction that is for IN GAME items, in game? How does that make ANY sense?
  8. The point still lies in the fact that even if it dies down, people are still gonna have their auctions pushed out by Happy Birthday threads, or Congrats on a another staff member where all the people say is congrats.... and they "WON'T" be able to bump their thread. No offense Krysyy, but when did you last host an auction?
    FadedMartian, TomvanWijnen and BenMA like this.
  9. Pushed out? Last I saw the auctions section has a completely different thread list you can look at. All it takes is getting people to click on a link.

Is the intention of auctions to drown out the community interaction? I'd hope not.
  10. Please don't punish me for this.
    To the staff.
    Krysyy is right, the novelty wears off.
    But "No-Bumping" will mean auctions sink to the bottom. It doesn't matter if there is a forum button for new auctions if you have to dig a bunch of pages in order to find what you need. No one is going to see a 5-day old auction, because it's at the bottom of the forum-sea, like the Titanic. Staff is going to sink auctions to the bottom of the forum-sea. It ain't World War two, there's no Bismark to sink, only perfectly good auctions, only profits to sink, only Rupees to lose, only loans to be made, only money to stagnate, only an economy to Deflate, and only a player-base to anger.
    The item restrictions was a good idea, but "No-Bumping Devalues auctions catastrophically. This is a mistake.
    Reconsider, please. It won't help.
    It'll only anger the player-base.
    YOUR Player-base.
    YOUR Supporters.
    YOUR Server.
    YOUR Empire.
    It isn't my loss. So what if a random server I liked is in drama? I don't care. I came to have a good time, and if EMC cannot provide, then I have no reason to stay.
    It's your loss, and your server to manage. It's your problem, not mine.
    -Sincerely, Warlord678.
    TomvanWijnen, kaptrix, 00void and 2 others like this.
  11. We are talking about the recently active thread section.....
  12. Thank you!!
    BenMA likes this.
  13. no yes?
    BenMA likes this.
  14. Even with the current auction spam there are only 3 pages of threads in the subforum.
  15. I also feel like this whole, "Wait it out" mentality is to get people to forget and just hope we learn to live with this mistake. Just fix it oh my god..... *Sigh* this is ridiculous at this point..... No-one is happy about this.
  16. So Sheluser posted an interesting thing before his thread was closed. Moderators will have an unfair advantage as their names always gain more attention and traffic. Usually this is not a problem but after this rule where we are pretty much resorting to Communism. It is an unfair advantage and abuse of the staff role for personal gain.
  17. Chill, dude.
  18. The open auction posts are currently only just over 2 pages worth. It's really not as hard as players are making it out to be.
    Luckygreenbird likes this.
  19. I am calm dude :) but it was an interesting thought, something to think about.
  20. A bloody metaphor hyperbole. However... I will edit.
    My point is still valid, however.