Rules Updates: August 11, 2018

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. test me bud
  2. That does not mitigate the fact it equalizes the playing field.
  3. They don't bid on it because of who is hosting, but because they can find it.... Just do a poll. If the community supports this rule, I'll shut up but I doubt that people support this rule and you know it.
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads...n-threads-important.77935/page-2#post-1461427
  4. im so sick of this bs. too many notifications.. i know i am popular... but...
    ShelLuser and BenMA like this.
  5. So why is it not allowed for both Aya and myself to outbid each other, just because we're coming from the same IP, resulting in staff stopping the auction?

The explanation for that was: "because of us outbidding each other we could set the wrong tone for other bidders". Now you're saying the exact opposite, simply because it suits your new rules (disclaimer: I didn't check if this offense was revoked but something tells me it wasn't).

Can I now assume that Aya and myself can once again have our little share of auctioning fun again? After all: "it's the bidders inability to look at the list and the value of the auctioned items".

Or is this all of a sudden "different" again?

You know what a true feat of a true leader is? Being consistent with the rules they uphold. I don't see any of that here.
  6. Let's allow it to continue for a while this way so players can see it stabilize, then we can do a poll and staff will decide with all the info. You can't expect players to vote on something that they haven't seen work yet.
  7. ur one person
  8. link for pole?
  9. This is a legitimate point. Let's wait for 48 hours.
  10. So instead of fixing something that people clearly don't want, we're going to let it stay so more people can get angry and more drama can be caused....
    TomvanWijnen and FunWart like this.
  11. Guys i leave for work for 6 hours .-. lol what happened. So... explanation go
    Impulsive_Egg and FadedMartian like this.
  12. tdlr its a shitstorm... with poo flyin'
  13. Bidding with alts on your auctions is not up for debate. You are bidding against yourself which is not a valid auction.

I am communicating a decision made by the staff team. We are consistent, regardless of any cherry picking of quotes from errant threads that you may pull. The intention remains the same.

Once again, let the system have some time to stabilize.
  14. People are angry due to the projected effects.
    However, it has not had the chance to make its splash.
    Let it make its splash, then let's flame it to oblivion.
  15. What are you on about? People are getting more and more angry
    FunWart and Windylava like this.
  16. That's why auctions are better done in the forums where everyone who wants to do auctions can see them

One of the bigger I flaws I see besides removing bumps is what is now allowed to be auctioned off. I've been seeing singles of easy-to-get blocks being auctioned as jokes but now that it's allowed it seems more spammy than the auctions have been before these rule changes
  17. I feel like it's the community not the auctions that's destabilized atm...
    Impulsive_Egg likes this.
  18. FadedMartian... language.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  19. 48 hours is nowhere near stabilization time. It will take a few weeks, as this was a long-term improvement.
  20. Just for clarification, what is the expected outcome, from your viewpoint, that we would see (if it works)?