[RULES] Update to Chat Limits

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Dec 29, 2016.

1. While I agree on everything else, a PM isn't a mutual agreement when it comes to the game. I can just @ someone and they will receive the message. Of course, after the first message they can report, etc., but there still exists some room where you could send inappropriate messages to someone. (I still like the idea of toggling the filter for PMs especially though)
  2. That's true, but I think it's not relevant because it happens seldom. The typical example would be when someone would send insulting PMs to otherwise unknown players upon participating in or following a heated discussion in the town chat.

I don't see how a PM filter could help. When there is intention and motivation to send a PM, the sender will just adjust the message. As you write, the receiver can report and/or ignore.

Even if the PM filter could prevent one or two reports every now and then, it's not worth bothering and disturbing other people private communication because of that. Not because they really *need* to curse in PMs, but much more because of the filters' bugs, glitches and nonsense.
    607 and Roslyn like this.