[RULES] Update to Chat Limits

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Dec 29, 2016.

1. can you make a banned word list i do not want to get banned for saying crap ect
    Tuqueque and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. I think it auto filters so you can't even say the frowned upon words.
  3. The banned words are auto-blocked by the filter unless extremely odd, but we won't be making a list. Just don't circumvent our filter. Crap is fine.
  4. Right, now if people say those words I have to tell them not to. Got it.
    _Bunni__ and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. I've randomly started doing this thing where I substitute dog breeds for swear words. So I've been uttering phrases like "Son of a beagle!," "What the French bulldog?" and "Holy schnauzer!" Everyone should try it, it's great fun and quite unlikely to be blocked by any chat filters. :D
  6. I prefer the actual words.

Way more satisfying.

Plus, as a Brit, it's my patriotic duty to swear as much as possible :D

*will now just swear in different languages on EMC*
  7. Wait - chat got stricter or lenient? D=
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Good call. Thank you.
    Equinox_Boss and UltiPig like this.
  9. I swear like a sailor that was hit repeatedly in the crotch, but I support this update. I tend to forget about EMC's younger users, and as someone who has younger siblings, I know how awkward it is when they pick up a new curse from YouTube or something.

Will these rules affect Mumble?
    _Bunni__, Equinox_Boss, 607 and 2 others like this.
  10. Well.... ill hope that doesnt get counted as "circumventing the filter"
  11. Same.

So... staff, please elaborate. If I were to say, I don't know, 'prokletstvo' ('damn it'), would that be circumventing the chat filter?

Bad example seeing as damn is allowed, but I don't want to go all the way with the vulgarity lol
    _Bunni__ and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. Depends on the risk you want to take. If someone reports and we translate back into a bad word, it is filter circumventing. Also non English tend to get reported for a reason.
  13. I would like to build off yours Krysyy,

I would like to note that the use of other languages are not necessarily allowed in town chat. You can freely use it in a PM to friends, or Local and Reds Chat, but In town chat, players and staff are unable to read most other languages (other than English).
    We3_MPO, Equinox_Boss, 607 and 2 others like this.
  14. That was my 'for a reason' bit :).
  15. I vote that Carol gets the ban hammer for her slim grasp on the rule 'no bad words'. She's out here using the worst of them all like a maniac, and in front of children no less.
  16. I thought this was the original rules? Haha
    Sgt_Pepper4, Equinox_Boss and UltiPig like this.
  17. So now were slightly above Disney barriers?
  18. I believe EMC is just PG and enforced as such. Just a fancy name to make this situation sound fun.
    EDIT: Just read this:
    I think you guys are now officially below Nickelodeon's barriers and MAYBE slightly above Disney barriers.