Residence Update Log! The latest changes in the Empire Town!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Maxarias, Apr 25, 2014.

1. 607, PenguinDJ, ShelLuser and 2 others like this.
  2. NMwy6Dzh.jpg

Im going to need a lot more Quartz

and Rupees
    Gawadrolt, ShelLuser and cadgamer101 like this.
  3. Look at Xismuavoid's minecraft science video on the best place to mine for quartz! It'll help immensely!
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  4. Sorry for my late response, didn't notice this one earlier.

Yes, that has indeed become an issue. If you sent 1 SC of stuff in there then 7 hoppers are by far enough to contain everything, also because the items don't get spread out but combined into a few drops (this is an EMC mechanic). Therefor I had to redo this section:

Now it has 2 layers of hoppers; the hoppers above move some stuff around but transport it mostly to the hoppers below, which transport the whole thing in a specific sequence to the item elevator. At least no items will remain unprocessed whenever I'm sending SC's over.

But, you're right about the risks; sometimes items tend to get lost (I assume destroyed) because of the cactus. Most of the times all the items (including the minecart and the chest) end up in the destination chest, but every once in a while I notice that either the minecart or chest is gone. Sometimes also a few transported items, but luckily for me that seldom happens.

As cool as it is (IMO it is anyway) this isn't the safest way to transport your valuable such as gold, diamond and emeralds :)
    607 likes this.
  5. Really cool build you got there, impressive! I really like how you basically recreated their natural habitat with those new block types :)
    607 likes this.
  6. FkOidX4l.jpg PD9n265l.jpg ebwcD3ol.jpg E8EOlyKl.jpg

I finished that Room
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  7. One of the things I really like best about EMC, apart from redstone, is meeting up with people and chatting with 'm. Getting to know each other a little better, and often have fun together. Even though I also have my moments where I really only want to keep to myself of course. Alas... as it goes with those things I got to know some players a little better. And vice versa.

Now; my res. is all about geekish tinkering. I'm really trying to max. out flag usage and I love every bit of it. So; most players are guests on my residence, some can come over and use a few tp buttons which brings them to either my friends residences or some of the shops I like, nothing more. Others have even more access and can open doors and, with a small 'backdoor', find their way into my main storage. Added up: some don't have to use that backdoor but can tp to my storage right away. Flags, levels, stuff.

This also resulted in some players from other servers to (ab?)use my residence to afk. For example; when mining the mesa biome they'd dump some things in their chest on my res. and then head right back out. All good; my builds are to be used.

It got awkward when one of my friends used to afk near a spot which I had intended as afk place. Which sometimes resulted in so many teases that I had to act on it ;)

To AFK, or not to AFK, that is the question...

The AFK spot is now being occupied by a ladder. One can still afk in the old spot, but then shouldn't be surprised to see more people passing through ;) Where does this ladder lead to? Well, as said, my new AFK room:

Someone already going AFK here, amazing! ;)

The AFK spot. build on the ceiling of the rooms below, and several new 1.8 blocks. Gotta use 'm if you got 'm. But wait, is this all there is to it? No zecret room can be done without redstone in my book. There has got to be some redstone somewhere...

And there is; this room has a zecret button which you can press, and then....

The door will open which will then give you access to the zecret which lies beyond....

A nearly completely undecorated room...

Why this is a zecret? Because its undecorated and I have honestly no ideas what I should do with this space :p Maybe gather enough diamond blocks to make this look like a vip room, I dunno.

Redstone? What redstone? Oh, that redstone! Sorry, its Saturday evening, I am a little slow right now :)

Very simple setup here. I decided to use a toggle switch because a mere button press is not enough to keep this piston door in check. That's mainly because of the delay and the heavy usage of the "piston bug". The lit up redstone you see here is enough to trigger the whole lot. Which, under regular redstone rules, shouldn't happen.

The slabs send over the toggle from the hidden button whereas the purple wool in the back (they made me do it!) sends in a signal from the pressure plates.

Its a bit flakey but it works: press button, doors open, go in and across pressure plates, doors close, use tp button to go back.

If only I had some good ideas on how to use that room ;)
    607 likes this.
  8. Check out this video. I know you said you like making your own creations but I think you could alter this and make it your own. :)

0 item loss.

Now... I wish I had things to show off on my res... :p
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  9. My new promo shop mansion is done and is on smp1 1794
    Gawadrolt and UltiPig like this.
  10. There is now a live walrus lying on the ground at my residence.

11. Lol
  12. Been a while since I posted here ;)

You know the difference between a good redstone design and a brilliant one? The latter allows you to expand on it if needed...

In my storage I have an automated potion brewer which was designed by Tango Tek, I originally got the specs. from a friend but later I learned that he got them from Youtube. Now, the design was made when Minecraft 1.7 was still a thing, and as you might know we have a new mob (the rabbit) as well as a new brewing ingredient with the release of MC 1.8: the rabbit foot. That allows you to make potions of leaping.

So now what? Well, so now we expand the system!

The last section (gunpowder) was just build this morning...

The fun part is that the design of this machine actually allows for this, it's easily picked up and I can still make splash potions. I had a glass wall, but replaced that by filling in some of the open 'gaps' with glass (fun fact: glass does not block redstone, so its usually safe to use, even directly within redstone circuits!):

Glass fills in the open 'gaps'...

So yeah, latest residence update.

I think it's quite impressive that a machine which was designed on 1.7 can be expanded and used to its full extend on 1.8 as well. That's Tango Tek for you :)
  13. That's all fine and dandy... but how will it fare in 1.9? ;)
    Edit: Oooh, I see how it works now! So it can actually be easily expanded with dragon's breath? That is indeed quite cool. Thanks for showing it off again, and also thanks for crediting the people you got it from! :)
    Gawadrolt and ShelLuser like this.
  14. Come to /v Zikko-4 if it's nice like this post if not then I know it's ugly. It's on smp 2
  15. *whistles* Imagine the bacon you could get from that baby... bacon sandwiches for dayz.
    Gawadrolt, UltiPig and Galantisizer like this.
  16. Yeah, that's the fun part. All the ingredient sections are actually more or less "stand alone" sections which are part of a main hopper circuit yet are also "self regulated". More or less anyway; there is a limit to which you can extend, most likely 15 sections, but I'm even convinced that you can actually extend on that too if you want to.

As to crediting people: I think everyone who has ever designed a redstone circuit of his own (instead of just copying one) will realize how much time & effort can go into that. Only last week did I help a friend out with one and although the main circuit took me a few hours to come up with (I don't copy, I always design my own stuff) the actual fine tuning took a little longer. So yeah, it's only fair to make sure people know who designed & made it :)
    607 likes this.
  17. Well... I don't know if I will be able to post here regularly... But I will try!

Entry 1: Joint the server yesterday, so I decided to build myself a temporary shelter:

Edit: PD: Yep, I use SEUS 10.1 standard
    tonia, Kytula and whatkom like this.
  18. That texture pack! Nostalgia! :eek: