Reset of non-Town worlds!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You can't build in the red square, but you can in the other part of the surrounding yellow square. That part of the yellow square will reset regularly is how I understand it.
    bonzd67 likes this.
  2. Wouldn't it be fun to unlock TNT for everyone on the Wilderness servers, say for the last hour or so. Sorta like an end server event like they do in mmorpgs. :)
    Bu11dawg likes this.
  3. Too bad the Mayan calendar did not account for leap years...Technically speaking, the "end of the world" was supposed to be on my last birthday, August 3.

In any case, I'm hearing more (and more) about why the reset should not happen. I voted NO originally, but have changed my mind. I had just got settled.... I built XP farms, found spawners, and generally got comfortable. Which is exactly why it should happen....
  4. In Red Square, buildings build you.
    SpaceShuttleFan and EdmundWayne like this.
  5. what about the utopia community its soo cool and u get musc disks from the spawner!
    AlexChance likes this.
  6. are the utopia grinders going to
  7. Yes. We as a community will just have to build bigger and better ones.
  8. Justin, any word on how EMC will deal with the problems caused by the End? or has that not been resolved yet?
  9. Only being reset.
    NEW 2012THEORY: everything will be reset and well be introduced to a whole new world

You know, or logic could prevail and none of this will happen. That too.
  10. oh god pls no. hah jks nothing better than falling down tnt holes when being chased by creepers!
  11. Wait so we can build anywhere in the spawn?!
  12. I live on a island... Change the world shape too?
  13. No, it will be just like it is now. Except that the area between the red and yellow squares on the live map (periodic reset area) will now actually live up to its name. So if you build/dig in that area, Justin will do a reset just of that area every 1-2 weeks.

It's really quite simple:

A = protected spawn area (red square)
    B = protected spawn area + periodic reset area (yellow square)
    B ^ ¬A = area you can build and mine that will be reset occasionally (area between yellow square and red square)
  14. I think Justin said on the thread about the end issues that the end was back up again. :)
  15. Correct it is :)
  16. so what about the end, i had a lock in the end but i cant get to it? i had chainmale and endstone in that :(
  17. Why can't you get to it? We turned the end back on a few days ago :)
  18. Margaritte and I were in the End yesterday happily stomping and mining. Lots of Locked chests kicking around! :)
  19. This is a great idea! Near the spawn area on smp6 it looks like there was a massive explosion! I'm glad because now I can go cave spelunking again! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.