Random Quotes and Sayings Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Illuminooty, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Ohh nice
  2. "If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough." - Oprah Winfrey
    iGTR and Palmsugar like this.
  3. Who is that by/what is that from? :)
    607 likes this.
  4. Ohh
    It's from my favorite Book series, Pendragon, and written (It's a set of supposed journals) by the main character Bobby Pendragon
    iGTR likes this.
  5. I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance. -Stephen Wright

When they asked George Washington for his ID, he just took out a quarter. -Stephen Wright
  6. "...If the art of the detective began and ended in reasoning from an arm-chair, my brother would be the greatest criminal agent that ever lived. But he had no ambition and no energy..."
    iGTR likes this.
  7. Awesome stuff!
    iGTR likes this.
  8. Thank you, HelloKitty. :)
    HelloKittyRo likes this.
  9. You're very welcome. And to shorten up my name.. call me HKRo.
    iGTR likes this.
  10. A compilation of Anime quotes:

• "You might be able to do it if you try. But if you don’t try, you definitely can’t." - Inori Yuzuriha, Guilty Crown
    • "Whether here or in the real world, you can cry when it hurts. There's no rule that you can't show feelings just because it's a game." - Kirito, Sword Art Online
    • "In reality, the least interesting answer is usually the correct one." - Sora, No Game No Life
    • "Checkmate doesn't mean you've simply cornered the enemy king. It's a declaration that the enemy king is yours." - Sora, No Game No Life
    • "It's our job as normal people to ensure the potential of those misunderstood ones are realized." - Sora, No Game No Life
    • "In every time, in every world, the strong polish their fangs while the weak polish their wisdom." - Sora, No Game No Life
    • "They say people can change, but is that really true? If they decide they want to fly, will they grow wings? I don't think so. You don't change yourself, you change how you do things. You have to make your own way. You have to create a way to fly, even while you stay the same." - Sora, No Game No Life
    • "There is no such thing as luck in this world. Rules, prerequisites, psychological states... There are any number of invisible factors that combine to produce an unpredictable, but inevitable result. The winner of each game is decided before it even begins. Chance is never a factor." - Sora, No Game No Life
    • "Whose fault is it that things ended up like this? Coincidence? An accident? Fate? There's no such thing as fate. It's simply a combination of one circumstance and the next. And who is it that creates those circumstances? Who is it? It's you." - Rize, Tokyo Ghoul
    • "Having happy and beautiful memories won't always bring you salvation. The more beautiful a memory is, the more painful it can become. It can even become terrifying. Both for the one who's leaving... And for the one left behind." - Isla, Plastic Memories
    iGTR likes this.
  11. "Take your age. Subtract 3. That is how old you were 3 years ago. Mind blown?" -Will Ferrell
    iGTR and captaincraft300 like this.
  12. Whoops! I forgot
    Bonus points to who gets where this is from correctly first!
  13. "I have Fury!"

Bonus points for whoever gets the reference
  14. "But it turns out that trying to thoroughly answer a stupid question can take you to some pretty interesting places." - Randall Munroe (Who I suspect was an SMP8er :p)
    iGTR likes this.
  15. I can imagine it would take you to some interesting places! Must have been an 8er for sure... Thank you for your participation, Hashhog.

I also found an interesting one this morning in the form of an image. Here:

Hashhog likes this.
  16. Nobody?
    Awww
    well BUMP!
  17. "Watson, whenever you think I'm getting ahead of myself, whisper in my ear, Norburg for me will you?"
  18. "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough, and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemmingway
    iNachos10 and iGTR like this.