Random Quotes and Sayings Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Illuminooty, Dec 30, 2014.

1. "Hodor" - Hodor
  2. *From The Purge: Anarchy*
    Cali: "You're good with guns. I'm guessing you're either a cop or a criminal, huh?"
    Sergeant: "And I'm guessing you're either a pain in my ass or a pain in my ass."
  3. Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

A pessimist is only someone who has met too many optimists.
  4. "It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better
    to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied. And if the fool, or the pig, are
    of a different opinion, it is only because they only know their own side of the
    question" - John Stuart Mill
  5. "You cannot control everything that happens to you, you can only control the way you respond to what happens. In your response is your power."
  6. Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
    -Charles M. Schulz
  7. By superhuman effort, you can avoid slipping backwards for a while. But one day, you'll lose a step, or drop a beat, or miss a detail... and you'll be gone forever.- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivon, Level Up Message
    FDNY21 likes this.
  8. Oblivion. Amazing game... Time to find a few quotes of my own to put here now :rolleyes:
    • Emperor Uriel Septim VII: Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
    • Owyn: I heard a rumour that you're an idiot, is there any truth to that?
    • Guards: Stop right there, criminal scum! Nobody breaks the law on my watch!
  9. I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow to the knee...
  10. "I'll be back."
    (Arnold Schwarzenegger, The Terminator (1984))

"My Mama always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.'"
    (Tom Hanks, Forrest Gump (1994))
    607 likes this.
  11. From Nightcrawler: Lou Bloom: Do you know what fear stands for? False Evidence Appearing Real.
  12. I use this one a lot when people ask me why I act so childish (which happens quite a bit).

Maturity does not mean putting aside the things you loved in your youth, it means no longer being afraid to do those things openly.
    -Steve Maraboli
    607 and iGTR like this.
  13. "I have a desk, a laptop, and a fridge next to my bed. Some would call this my man cave, but because of the fridge the bathroom is my man cave..." Me, 2015.
    iGTR likes this.
  14. "And the day was saved by polo002" - SponseredByRaj
  15. "World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimization." - Eliezer Yudkowsky
    iGTR likes this.
  16. Don't think he really said this but he should have...

17. In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away. - Shing Xiong