Random Quotes and Sayings Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Illuminooty, Dec 30, 2014.

1. DCI Gene Hunt: Drugs, eh? What's the point. They make you forget, make you talk funny, make you see things that aren't there. My old grandma got all of that for free when she had a stroke.
  2. The only thing that matters, the only thing.
    Is that you are what you want to be.
    And not what someone else wants you to be.
    -tinykate
    MistyLou and iGTR like this.
  3. "Nothing is easy to the unwilling." - Nikki Giovanni (Possibly; I've seen it accredited to other names before).
    iGTR likes this.
  4. “Imagine smiling after a slap in the face. Then think of doing it twenty-four hours a day.”
    ― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

“The longer and more carefully we look at a funny story, the sadder it becomes.”
    ― Nikolai Gogol
  5. enjoy_your_life_funny inspirational_quotes.jpg

I totally agree with this! :p
    Damiensmom11 and iGTR like this.
  6. You are only given a little spark of madness you mustn't lose it. ~robin Williams
    MistyLou and iGTR like this.
  7. What does your toilet smells like on saturdays?
  8. I'm not sure that this is really relevant.

Another quote from me (Well, Charlie Brown, but you see what I mean.):
    In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back.
    Charlie Brown
  9. "Imagine explaining that to a caveman." -Gavino Free
  10. Earlier today when I was at an after school club, I was talking to a friend and said this amazing quote...

"When you die, you die."
  11. You profile picture just reminded me of a quote

"YOU FACE JARAXXUS EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!" -Lord Jaraxxus
  12. "TRIFLING GNOME, YOUR ARROGANCE SHALL BE YOUR UNDOING!"
    DaemonSpadeXD likes this.
  13. So while looking into several DVD's titles to decide upcoming Saturday's evening movie I came across this one; something I also quite enjoyed. Figured like sharing, now I'm wondering if you can guess what this is:

A beginning is a very delicate time...
    Know then that it is the year ten thousand one ninety-one.
    The known universe is ruled by the Padishah Emperor Shaddam the Fourth, my father...
    In this time the most precious substance in the universe is the spice mélange.
    The spice extends life, the spice extends consciousness... the spice is vital to space travel.
    The spacing guild and its navigators who the spice has... mutated over 4,000 years use the orange spice gas which gives them the ability to fold space.
    That is: travel to any part of the universe, without moving.

Oh yes, I forgot to tell you..

The spice exists in only one planet in the entire universe.
    A desolate try planet with vast deserts.
    Hidden away within the rocks of this planet are a people known as the Fremen, who have long held a prophecy that a man would come... a messiah, who would lead them to true freedom.
    The planet is Arrakis.
    Also known as <bleeep>
    shiyvah likes this.
  14. "When you are happy, you enjoy the music. But, when you are sad you understand the lyrics." -Anon
  15. "Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom."
    George Patton
  16. "Scientists say the rain forest will be gone by 2020. But if we work really hard on it, it can be gone by 2016."

-Jacksfilms
    iGTR likes this.
  17. "Hodor" -Hodor