Random Quotes and Sayings Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Illuminooty, Dec 30, 2014.

1. “Don’t forget. Always, somewhere..someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.” – Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica -

"No matter how many weapons you have, no matter how great you technology might be, the world cannot live without love"- Sheeta, Castle in the Sky
    iGTR likes this.
  2. “Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it.”
    ― Alan Moore, V for Vendetta
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  3. "If you have another life in your cupboard, you shouldn't throw away your current one."

"You only live once! Or twice! Depending on your religion!"
    porphos and iGTR like this.
  4. I have heard this one before. It was a while ago, though. I'm not sure where I heard it, but it is a good quote.
  5. I don't remember it being from Assassin's Creed, perhaps I heard it elsewhere. :)
  6. I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our
    liberties than standing armies - Thomas Jefferson

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and
    I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
    Marktanion, iGTR and Kephras like this.
  7. “Your pretty empire took so long to build, now, with a snap of history's fingers, down it goes.”
  8. "We are still masters of our fate. We are still captain of our souls."

Winston Churchill
    iGTR likes this.
  9. "I like to think Oysters transcend national barriers." -Roger Waters
    iGTR likes this.
  10. "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    This one always cracks me up :D
    porphos and iGTR like this.
  11. "When comforting a grammar nazi, I like to hug them tight & whisper into their ear, " There, their, they're. It will be OK " -Anonymous

"The first time I heard dubstep, I told my friend there was something wrong with his dishwasher." -SparerToaster

"If you go and rob a bank, do it with the track kids." -Dimit

"Our government has no idea wtf it's doing and hasn't for many many years." -Icecreamcow

"Hopefully this sorry excuse for a President is gone soon." -Icecreamcow

"If I wanted to kill myself, I'd climb all the way up to your ego, and jump down to your IQ level." -Mouse
    607 likes this.
  12. "Quotes are stupid." -Gustavo Sorola

(Because Irony)
  13. If you can change or fix the problem, then why do you complain? - Ethan Hyer
    iGTR likes this.
  14. "It is done." -Every supervillain ever.
    porphos, iGTR, FDNY21 and 1 other person like this.
  15. That was an interesting thread, thank you for that :)
  16. Perhaps some of my favorite lines in this here extract from V For Vendetta:
    Evey Hammond: Who are you?
    V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.
    Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.
    V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.
  17. I have 3 quotes, too bad 2 of them contain bad language. I'll just say the 3rd :p
    "The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage." ~Mark Russell

18. “People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people.”
    Marktanion and hashhog3000 like this.
  19. “Raw toast," Lucas said grimly, shaking his head. "It goes against the very nature of man.”
    ― Julia Quinn, How to Marry a Marquis
    iGTR likes this.
  20. What is this V for Vendetta thing?