Quartz Express

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by M4ster_M1ner, Mar 27, 2013.

1. this is a great idea ive paid thanks man this is awesome
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  2. I am asking this for you benefit so pls read this. Recommended not required!!

You will need good armor -> why? -> so you don't die but like all things there are no guaranties
    You will need a good pickaxe like silk touch or fortune to make the most of mining the quartz
    You will need food I spent a long day in the nether and got through over a half a stack of cooked beef
    A good bow
    A good sword
    A mine cart <- This is a must as they are not supplied
    Rei's Minimap <- This is a must as we do not have the time to keep showing the same ppl where the rail is.
    With the map installed you can make way points they are easy to do I am happy to do a video to show how to install
    With the map and waypoints you will find your way to the QE and the rail tunnel to get back

If you find your self lost 5k deep in the nether you will need to wait until someone is in the area to help you, sorry but if you can't take the time to install the map then it will be you own fault.
  3. Made a picture for the this lol

4. Can I donate to the Quartz Express and trust you will use it toward the project? :)
    Silken_thread and M4nic_M1ner like this.
  5. Of course. We are already looking for a good location on smp2.
    You can also invest and share the income.

If you finance the greater part of a track, I think you should give it a name,
    anything like "Sows and Pigs track" and decorate it with pig theme. ;)
    Or something completely different :)

Cheers! :)
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  6. I'll donate 10k, and you can name it whatever you feel like. =)
    Silken_thread and M4nic_M1ner like this.
  7. Thank you! :)
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  8. Sounds awesome! I shall pay.
  9. Perfect... I hate being away from my home server, smp2. All my friends are there... Now I can go get quartz there!
  10. New rail systems in progress on smp1 and 2,

If you would like to help there are several ways listed below

Digging out on smp1 for now Smp2 is being handled by 5chris100 contact him if you want to help their

Donations needed
    Redstone dust,
    Repeaters,
    redstone torches,
    Normal iron rails
    Powered rails
    Detector rails
    or the items to craft these are welcome also.

Rupees to purchase these item's are welcome also

If you do donate pls make a comment on this thread so we know and thank you for your support.
    5chris100 likes this.
  11. yes, like water. so don't. just don't. i learned th' hard way. my diamond armor also learned...:(
    jacob5089 likes this.
  12. On a separate note....

Although the Quartz Express rail is initially to help ppl get to the quartz it has a much greater use.

Many ppl want to go deep into the wild to build bases with their friends this will help you do that safe way there and back.

Initial rail length is aprox 5k but there is no limit and at 5k plus the distance from spawn to outpost added 50'000 blocks from spawn from there you can go where you like to set up you bases and come back the same way.

Also remember Dragon Tomb's will be here at some point this will be a good way to get to find the dragon tomb portals, these will randomly spawn and de-spawn so always an adventure.

Unlike other items Quartz can only be found in new unexplored area's, at the moment this block is very rare even though it is abundant in those area's.

It takes aprox 2 DC of quartz ore broken up with a fortune 3 pickaxe to make 1 DC of Quartz blocks and about 5 DC's of these to build anything like my shop on smp6. There is a vast amount of new designs that can be made using these new blocks and it is a good way to make some rupees if you willing to work.
    mba2012, 607 and M4nic_M1ner like this.
  13. Also just to mention. Make a tunnel off the rail and make your portal to the over world at least 1000 blocks from the rail. Just so that it doesn't look like you branched off the rail. You might have some nasty people come through if it does look it.
  14. Good call -- may also help prevent portal jumble, as I like to call it -- when what portal heads where gets all... jumbled ^_^
    mba2012 likes this.
  15. Some person build a NETHER PORTAL by the tracks!!!!!
  16. This will have to be removed as it will cause problems, who ever has done this pls move it good distance from rail ty.
  17. I have been along the rail and did not find any portal by the tracks
  18. I would like to join this! How do I do that?
  19. (The instructions how to join are in the posting #1 in this thread -> OP.)

Some people are asking if the admission fee is only for the first track (on smp7) or also for future tracks on other servers.
    Answer: it is only for the smp7 track,
    but you will get a significant discount for other tracks
    and possibly a bonus if we manage to cover the costs.
    You can also get 20r (5%) promotional bonus.

Long answer:
    My intention is to provide a honest service for a honest price.

If the number of users increases and we actually have some profit, my intention is to
    - invest the major part (like 70%) of the profit into building new tracks and improving the system,
    - distribute a reasonable part of the profit (like 15%) among the investors and
    - save the rest (like 15%) for repairs.

With the QE track on SMP7 we do not make profit yet,but I think we could get there.

Remember, your biggest profit is when you use the track and get out easily.
    That's worth far, far more than the admission fee. :)

Have fun!
    Silken_thread likes this.

20. Thank's M4nic, this confirms how the rail system will work on all servers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to add that if you have helped me prepare a rail system on any of the servers you are not required to pay to use that rail system, this goes for Jacob5089 as he dug out the length of the tunnel a good 4000 blocks 1x2 area mostly, but used up 2 pickaxes in the process and donated some glowstone for the station also.

This also goes for ppl who make donation's that are worth more than the one off 400r use fee.

A list of items you can donate if you want to do that.
    jacob5089 likes this.