*PSA* Warning to Internet Explorer users

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Apr 28, 2014.

1. dummy
    Proxy
    Salad
    Apples
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. You know what is sad? XP users will not get any fixes for this... :(
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Thanks! this helped me out a bit.
    Good thing to know that they will patch windows XP versions as well.
    Equinox_Boss and jkjkjk182 like this.
  4. You know what is sad? There are still some people using XP and Internet Explorer.
    Equinox_Boss and princebee like this.
  5. What's wrong with Windows XP?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. I think it comes down to the fact that the other versions are just better. Windows xp used to work fine but windows 8 and 7 are better. Windows xp is no longer supported, so there is that problem.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Windows 8? :eek: I heard that getting lots of hate (but that's probably the case with any new thing)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. yea, plus they fixed most of the bugs with 8.1
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. Windows 8 is amazing. I have been using it on a non-touchscreen laptop since it was released and love it. Most of the complaints come from people who haven't used it or don't like the change. There are many misconceptions about Windows 8. With the new thing problem, people hated windows xp when it came out and claimed many of the same things that they are saying with Windows 8. Now people won't leave xp and Microsoft has had to force them off of it. Back to Windows 8, the only big, scary thing is the start screen and that it easy to get over. Think of it as the start menu being promoted and taking up the entire screen while being a place for users to get useful information and add a bit of customization.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. What is with the start menu? No desktop? Is it like the new Nokias?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. yeah, the new Nokias run on windows 8.
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  12. The nokias don't run windows 8. They run a windows phone operating system that looks like it.
    I would recommend you read the first article I linked. There is a desktop and you can do anything in windows 7 on 8. The start screen does resemble the windows phone and Xbox interfaces. There are tiles and you can launch desktop programs or the "full screen apps" from the start screen.
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.