*PSA* Warning to Internet Explorer users

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Apr 28, 2014.

1. It's too bad I'm on a Surface...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. If you're still using IE maybe you deserve to get hacked.
    technologygeek and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. If you have the surface pro, you can get chrome or Firefox for it. If you have the rt version, you are out of luck.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I use EI and safari I guess il just use safari :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Sad that Microsoft doesn't have that great of security on its web browser but thanks for heads up =)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Oh whats internet explorer... Oh that one from like windows 98. People still use IE but why? Chrome is so much faster and customizable. Guys I'd seriously use chrome. Firefox doesnt support some CSS or cascading style sheets. The design of the webpage. 1/5 of your websites you'll probably experience this issue. Yeah chrome does take up (some cpu usuage but does work great). Itll be weir dusing it for the first time but itll pay off.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. *raises hand* jk, but i once visited emc on my xbox360, better then wii for sure XD
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. And coincidentally enough, the browser on the Xbox is IE lol :p
    Equinox_Boss, PenguinDJ and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. realised that just after i posted lol
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. EI? What a beast browser :D jk ;) :p
    607 likes this.
  11. arg. I knew it.. I heard rumours of this a while back. Well now i have an official confirmation to warn people with. :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Firefox has just as good CSS support as Chrome, and has better JavaScript support than Chrome :)

When it comes down to CSS/JS support, the only thing that matters is what is usable by a majority of browsers, and Firefox is essentially equal to Chrome there on CSS.
    Equinox_Boss and chickeneer like this.
  13. Realistically they both work just as well. In the past they have each out-performed the other at certain times (Not IE); I consider them both reliable leaving it to personal preference for each person to decide :D
  14. From what Ive seen when Ive used FireFox I've had some less CSS support.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Thanks for warning 1/5 of your people good thing i read this so i can continue using IE.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. Oh, and by the way, what does PSA mean?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. Public service announcement? I think....:p
    Equinox_Boss, jkjkjk182 and 607 like this.
  18. Pentagonathic Sectionalistic Aftershave. PSA. Duh.