*PSA* Warning to Internet Explorer users

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Apr 28, 2014.

1. In all fairness, I've actually viewed EMC on a Nintendo 3DS before xD Doesn't run very well though
  2. Thank god for Internet Exploder
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Well, we do have some kids on here who I assume have to share a machine with their parents. If their parents are anything like my family, it may take a bit to educate them on the proper browser. It took my dad a little bit to get Firefox as he kept getting mad when he would open his browser and it would just freeze up. My mom on the other hand is one of those "I GOT RID OF THAT CHROME/FIREFOX BECAUSE IT SLOWS DOWN MAH PC!" people and my aunt has so much junk on her pc that icons overlap and her start menu is 4 pages long and you still have to scroll to view all her programs. Her pc runs super slow and she believes there is no difference in either browser.

Once when I didn't have a cord for my old laptop and we had a Wii, I used it to look at facebook and chat on messenger. It's a pain to type on with the wand so I had to get a wireless keyboard. I have tried to EMC on a 3DS, I agree, it fails xD. Also I used to use my PSP to talk on messenger and facebook all the time at college.

4. O_O
    Do her a favor. Get a shotgun.
  5. lol DSi
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. It doesn't work well on either! :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. But IE already was like a virus, so... :p
    Kephras and Equinox_Boss like this.
  8. It is sad, but in reality 26% of internet traffic is done on IE. *cries to self*
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. My whole campus you have to use IE they don't allow anything else (its a horrible school). Also if I'm at home and on the schools blackboard and stuff to do work i have to use IE so most the time i just open other tabs on it so I don't have multiple browsers open.

Same in my old high school and stuff we had to use IE ;_;
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. If you're wise. You will use Firefox. I have been for the past 9 years.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. I think the bigger issue is that people are actually using IE, I understand why people use it in schools & colleges (Because the IT admins are lazy and like one click group policies) but outside of those places? Chrome, Opera or even firefox (with it's issues is still a great browser)
    Equinox_Boss and jkjkjk182 like this.
  12. I like how this has just turned into a thread that is hating on IE :p
    607, Equinox_Boss and supereskimo like this.
  13. I remember the old IE days.. *shrugs*. To be honest, when I switched to Google Chrome I thought I was the only one and everyone one else was on IE.
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  14. Too true. It's kind of like the IT technicians either won't bother installing another browser because it's too much work configuring it or/and county policy makes it so they can only use IE (I think both apply in my school). It's kind of sad really, but I must say, I am used to IE now and it's not as bad as people make it out to be when you regularly use it. Still no where near as good as Chrome or Firefox though. :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. It's worse for those using Windows XP, because Microsoft no longer supports that operating system with security patches. To them, Microsoft says: Go upgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1.
    607, Equinox_Boss and Jake_bagby like this.
  16. They should (if they have the means to). XP was a great operating system, but they can't keep throwing resources at the people who use it.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. Yeah, that was really kind of quite rude of them, even if support has ran out a little bug fix wouldn't have harmed anyone. I understand that support has to run out sometime, but this is a really bad move for Microsoft. Upgrading systems if you're on a large network must not be easy, especially if you have to upgrade hardware too. That's why the UK government spent millions on extended support for XP from microsoft, because apparently the costs of upgrading hardware is more than the cost of extending support.

I couldn't use XP now though. The old design and layout would kill me, it was horrible. :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. Meanwhile in MLP..

Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. I understand that, but when there is a THREAT to a internet service they are trying to save or at least keep alive, they should at least give one security update to XP. This is important, someone could easily hack your computer because you went on a legit website.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. Luckily I managed to convince our school to ditch IE.
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.