PRA Reset Alert!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Maxarias, May 7, 2013.

1. Woah, so those places actually get reset? I am afraid of what it'd look like if it was never reset then >.> At least there won't be any more floating treetops for a while!
    IamSaj and Sweetie_Pea like this.
  2. THANK YOU!!!
    The giant wall of water in smp9 wild was really getting on my nerves. :p
  3. Awesome! :D. They've needed it for a while and it was pretty stupidly broken. I was trying to fight the wither one night, ended up falling in holes in the PRA because the stupid thing kept flying out of range. Some jerkwad came out and killed it and took my stuff and the nether star then logged out :I.
    kaja_the_pug and BilboBaggins23 like this.
  4. There is parts of it on the ground.
  5. Actually, they haven't been reset for a while, so it is quite exciting to get fresh chunks for the servers!
  6. Will I need to mark off my nether quartz tunnel in Minimap, so I can re-dig the part of the tunnel that might get reset..? o,o'
  7. I reset the worst offenders (smp 1, 9 & I think 5) for 1.5 update.
    IamSaj and PandasEatRamen like this.
  8. Is the terrain going to be generated using the same seed as before or just a random one?
  9. Same seed.
  10. So the wither farm on smp2 will remain there?!?!?!

HOORAY
  11. Lol what? It was reset a month or two ago
  12. The terrain is regenerated using the original seed, which will replace anything in the WE selection areas to bring it back to "as new" condition. As bigdavie mentioned, this is usually only done for the top 20-30 layers, making it much easier to traverse the landscape, but the rarer/deep ores won't be regenerated.

Eventually when the automated process is working it may reset down to bedrock, but when doing it manually we restrict the reset to top layers to try to avoid large lag spikes/crashes and interruption to players. :)
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  13. Will smp9 be reset again? B/
  14. Oh yes, since the spawn is in a desert it was back to a devastated eyesore within a few days.
  15. I actually haven't ever been to the SMP9 wild.. I just realized that. I have been to every server's wild and nether (including utopia) But never SMP9... Will have to fix that..
  16. More than likely yes. Someone keeps mining out giant pits of death just outside smp9 spawn. I've had to ask Max to fix one that was uber deep :I.
  17. Ikr when ever i go mineing with friends , since im laggy, I can never parkour the impossible jumps that players have made! Smp2's wild looks like a torpedo hit it! Fianially the wilds will look more like utopia's wild. (I know that cuz i was a daimond supporter for amounth) :) I cant wait
  18. Wow... looks like my suggestion was put in to effect! :)
    Thanks, guys! =)
    Also, will utopia also be reset?