[POLL] Promos: Fireworks this I-DAY?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krysyy, Jun 29, 2018.

?

Should EMC continue to release fireworks on July 4th?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2018.
Yes. I want fireworks. 82 vote(s) 42.9%
No. I want something new. 109 vote(s) 57.1%
  1. a fireworks sword, like the meteor bow? 🤔
  2. As a newcomer I'd love to see the fireworks, but I imagine something 'new' would be great too! Either way it will be new for me haha!
    purplebook163 likes this.
  3. I know this probably isn't an option, but I would love to see both. Sure, we get three fireworks each year and they're getting a bit boring at this point, but at the same time, it would be odd to have six years of fireworks and then suddenly they just stop. Going off of shyguy's idea, maybe players could choose between two bundles, one with the two fireworks and the other with the new item?
    purplebook163, ThaKloned and Tuqueque like this.
  4. In time to chime in "Why not both?"

Why not have both options available just out of curiosity?

Maybe make it so everyone can vote between all 3. Either the Red/White/Blue firework, rainbow firework, or the Mystery Box!

:p
  5. I was going to make a joke about the new promo was a certificate of congratulations on having the date the correct way round but every time krysyy mention the date she used July the 4th instead of the more common 4th of July.

Anyway I vote for something new.

Even us Senior Staff are being kept in the dark over what the mystery promo could be.
  6. Kudos to anyone who legitimately knows who that is let alone the movie/tv it's from.
    "I can't decide on this"
  7. personally, i'm all for continuing the tradition of fireworks, and so that's what i've voted for.
    so what if, when us players go into the promo screen, we get to choose one? this would allow people to decide which promo they want- if they want to grab a firework, just like tradition, or grab the 'new mystery promo'!

i know nothing about coding, or running servers, so i can't speak for the technical side of things, but i can speak from a player's point of view. i know that this has been done for larger events, such as the 500k promos, so it might be possible...?

and also, it'd be pretty neat for us with alts ;)
  8. "A boats a boat... but the mystery box could be anything... it could even be a boat... and you know how much we've been wanting one of those?" :p
  9. I like what I'm seeing here, and I actually think this would be a logically compromise. Have it so that players can choose which item they want when the promotion is underway, but only have one firework and the mystery item, basically replacing one firework with another. Possibly replacing the 4th of July Empire Firework with the Mystery Item would be a good idea, since we already get an Empire Firework during the New Year's celebrations. However, I can see the point of not wanting to flood the market with new promos, as this has proven to be an iffy thing in the past. (devaluing some promos, and boosting others, as well as possibly hurting the economy in general)
  10. I live in Canada, Can i still attend this event?
    ConductorConduit and ZanDarkin like this.
  11. It's a command that gives you an item, available to all people thru the command /promo...
    Alpine192 and willies952002 like this.
  12. We've had fireworks every year for new years and 4th of July since fireworks came to MC, I think that's the kind of tradition that ought to be kept.
  13. I've already made my comment but after reading some others comments I think this 3rd option might be even better. Keep the fireworks for the tradition and add an option for something new. You wouldn't be flooding the market with too many promos since the same amount would be given out just not as many as if there was one kind.
    purplebook163 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  14. How about "Wings of America" or "Wings of Freedom" promo idea. An Electra that has trails of red, white, and blue. Merrica' (Just saw that a new promo was chosen as a replacement already)

Welp, maybe next year...

Regardless, change isn't a bad thing. Would like to see what would replace the firework before making the decision to change over.
    purplebook163 and ThaKloned like this.
  15. I saw this gif and immediately thought: "I pierced the toast!" Now I need to go re-watch this movie. :D
  16. I think that the fireworks idea is a good match because of it actually being Independence Day and thats commonly what people do on the 4th of July. It would be cool to maybe add one or two other promos for the day, I dont really have any7 ideas other than like a promo sword.

Either way im sure we will be very pleased! I love the promo items idea so much.

My collection is steady growing!
    ConductorConduit likes this.
  17. THIS!!!!!!!!!!

This would be a amazing idea, i completely agree with the wings idea, any promo wings would be soooooooo nice!!
    GREAT IDEA FAMMO
    ConductorConduit likes this.
  18. o Thank you very much for telling me, Sorry im still new to Empire Minecraft so I dont know many things. like i just found out that u could change your difficulty.
    Sydney4363 and ConductorConduit like this.
  19. ok let me start by saying sorry for what i am about to say, I understand that in op it clearly states that this is not a "lets think up a new promo thread" but! I need to get this out!

I want a I-day Pony promo please with cherries on top! oh and have i told you lately Krysyy that you are beautiful and we love you! :)

Thank you and good night!
    FadedMartian likes this.
  20. baby your a firrrrreeeewoooorkkkkk