[POLL] Empire Minecraft Logo: Changing the A

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krysyy, Jan 25, 2017.

?

How do you think the A should look?

Poll closed Feb 1, 2017.
Small square 18 vote(s) 6.5%
Long Rectangle 20 vote(s) 7.2%
Smiley face 101 vote(s) 36.5%
Small square with longer legs 185 vote(s) 66.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The 'Minecraft' part of the name is not infringing on any asset restrictions, as it is secondary to the word Empire.

2. Yes... isnt the word Minecraft even more of an issue in the Eula than the creeper face?

What to do tho...

www.Empire_that-blocky-mining-game-for-building-and-destroying-square-shaped-creatures.com

Be so cool if we could change Dot Com for a Square Com...
  3. Huh.. yeah. I voted for that one but maybe 607 is right.

What about a straight line mouth instead of a smily face... kinda goes with a lot of the chat images i see people use...

Just think it looks better with a face.
    607 likes this.
  4. I think we should leave it how it is, looks good to me tbh...
  5. If you read the OP, you will see that is not an option.
    When I made one up that had the straight line, it just looked depressing, so we decided against it.
  6. 3rd one easily my fav. Always thought smiling creepers were so cute!
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  7. Creeper and cute shouldent be in the same sentince.
  8. I liked the Creeper face in the 'A' and will be sad to see it go. I was tempted to vote for #3 because of this, but it no longer would have the same connection because of the EULA restrictions. If it must be changed in a way that only those of us who know it used to be a Creeper face recognize the connection there is no longer a point to it. Once I came to that conclusion I felt one of the others was a better choice.
    607 likes this.
  9. It's been just about 5 years for me, and I've never noticed. If I did notice though, I doubt I would remember. It's pretty subtle.
  10. You just put them in the same sentence :>
  11. I think the fourth option is the best one. I think the A should match the R now that the creeper face is gone.
  12. I would have thought this one makes EMC liable to infringement on the trademark.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  13. Ok, well, as long as we don't get into legal issues with the creators of Minecraft, I'm IN! ;)
  14. I ,personally, can't see any difference between the first and fourth one. (Maybe the dot is higher on the first one or something?)

Regardless, I like the fourth one best.

EDIT: Oh, wait. I just now saw the poll. Now I see it. The legs are longer hahaha.
  15. I dint use sentinces i use phrases :>
  16. guys vote for the smiley face! look how friggin creepy it looks <3
    ItsMeWolffpack and UltiPig like this.
  17. *spends $1,500 to get 60 alts, goes to 60 different internet servers, and adds 60 more votes for the smiley one*
  18. I'll gladly donate one tenth of the needed funds for this campaign.
    607 and UltiPig like this.
  19. Want to go halves and and spend just $750 each? Maybe we should set up a GoFundMe.
    crystaldragon13 and UltiPig like this.