Playing around with EMC Logo

Discussion in 'Artists' Gallery' started by zer0skills, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Please design something with smooth edges and detail, that isn't a box, when working with 220 x 80 pixels. Then you can complain about that.

I didn't design the logo, I only updated the color scheme and made it into a vector so we could work with it more. The original design was by JustinGuy, who frankly did a damn good job making something simple look professional.
    I cannot change your opinion that you don't like it, because that is afterall, your opinion.
    However, the logo is better in its current form than what was proposed in this thread on basic marketing aspects when compared to other servers that are geared to our audience. It's very pretty and looks good, but it's not right for our server.

I never said the logo couldn't use an update.
    Penguinub likes this.
  2. Why the hell is the resolution so damn low? There are a bunch of servers that use Xenforo (that of course I will not mention) that have a resolution about 5x higher than that.. (Please excuse the language if it is considered offensive)
  3. Um...ask Aikar?
  4. Yo Aikar!
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  5. I'd say the community should decide that.
  6. Nope. That's blurry.
  7. There's a LOT more things that the community should decide.
    DufneArc likes this.
  8. It's beginning to seem less and less like "our" server when all of our ideas are shot down when it comes to changing something old into something that looks newer that was created by a player and not a staff member.
    Tigerstar and Catacacalysm like this.
  9. What's blurry?
  10. Votes for something like this can be given, but it's not going to make the ultimate decision because the votes on the Empire do not weed out people that sway the vote, people that don't vote, etc. The entire community is not represented on the forums.
    Ultimately the owner Aikar is the decision maker on something as pinnacle as the logo of his server.
    607 and PenguinDJ like this.
  11. What happened to "our server"?
  12. But if it's staff that decides things such as this, then at this rate, it's pretty much like saying "Shut up and deal with it."
  13. This community can't even have a civil discussion about religion as of late. You really expect a decision/vote to go over well. I'm not going to start that debate here.
    607 and PenguinDJ like this.
  14. I understand that, maybe make a public announcement in chat? Yes Aikar is the final decision maker, but he should involve the community more.
    Rimont likes this.
  15. I NEVER SAID THE LOGO COULDN'T USE AN UPDATE. So put down your pitchforks.
    (big enough for you this time?)
    SkyDragonv8 and Penguinub like this.
  16. Thanks for believing is us... the people that keep the server running... :(
    Rimont and Gawadrolt like this.
  17. *raises pitchfork slightly higher*
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  18. Why are you bringing up debates when we're talking about voting for things. That's like saying "Hey we should add more sharks to the aquarium" "No we should add more chicken nuggets!" And not to mention. It's A RELIGIOUS DEBATE! Not a discussion. A DEBATE. In debates, we have arguments. I apologize in advance if this came out offensive
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  19. Well you didn't directly say it..
    Gawadrolt likes this.