Playing around with EMC Logo

Discussion in 'Artists' Gallery' started by zer0skills, Sep 25, 2015.

1. I never said that I was talking about the logo and the logo only..
  2. We've ran votes in the past that way. In the end, people get left out and get upset. Or arguments get started. I've had people bribe others with rupees to vote a certain way...
    Not saying that would happen again, but we can't let the community vote make the decision of a logo. Give input? Sure.
    We've got suggestion threads out the wazoo, suggestion forms for mobs, promos, and how people want wild claiming to work. I don't see a lack of community input where it matters.
    607 and PenguinDJ like this.
  3. Chill everyone.

Brb, gonna buy some popcorn. :D

*To be clear, I was not proposing nor suggesting to replace your logo :) I enjoy the server, and thought it would be fun to make an "art" which this forum section I guess is all about, too bad the logo is what i've chosen to play with. I would have done character renders but that's Cata's realm. :p

So let's all go back to mining. I need to find a good iron farm in utopia though. Cya!
  4. What is the audience?
    607 likes this.
  5. Chill all
    zer0skills likes this.
  6. Blah, why must a Thread showing some pretty cool Art turn into a Trip down Argument Street =P
  7. I know you weren't trying to suggest a logo change at the start and your design is pretty. I was replying to those that took your design out of context to argue for a logo switch.

In the end, this thread did serve one great purpose though and I/Aikar will contact you about that in a PM.
    607, Tigerstar and zer0skills like this.
  8. ... and it was my 1st post :p what an experience

ahaha
    607 and Galantisizer like this.
  9. It just goes to show that zer0skills is a threat to our peace.

pls ban
    Gawadrolt, Galantisizer and Tigerstar like this.
  10. This has gone off topic. Lets bring it back.

Love your graphics, they look so nice! I will pay you 5r if one of them is used for the official logo. :p
    tuqueque and zer0skills like this.
  11. Just trying to prove that it's possible
  12. Its kinda a box with rounded edges.
  13. It's a box, kinda =P
    I meant logo-wise, but I appreciate the tenacity. Though the shadowing is slightly blurry =P
    I was making the point that the logo is likely always going to be blurry with a 220x80 pixel size.
  14. I'll remove the box then. Will edit this post when I've done so

EDIT:
  15. I still need to know why the resolution is so small. AIKAR TELL ME PLEASE!
  16. Keliris likes this.
  17. Because the XenForo theme EMC uses has a limit, if the logo is too big it will look odd. Not to mention, the ads on the far right and the box that says 'play.emc.gs' and et-cetera.
  18. I don't think that's how resolutions work
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  19. Nevermind, I totally am not awake at 2am.
  20. Or you don't know the first thing about graphics design... :rolleyes: