Player Based Difficulty Released! "Play Your Way"

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Apr 26, 2014.

1. No, I play on diff level 7.
  2. i think enraged pigmen count under the "enraged mobs" template. really shouldnt be affecting wither skellys tho
  3. I've had skeletons give me this message at a spawner/grinder when on level 5. It's not just enraged mobs.
    MageTrixx likes this.
  4. hmmm well it should be, #complain to aikar
    MrsWishes likes this.
  5. pppfftttt, level 1.... I said I didn't like fighting doesn't mean I can't. Mine is still on default. Killing mobs is boring on Minecraft.
  6. I have had this happen also if the "normal" mob has armor or whatever. I suspect that makes them a custom mob code-wise and causes them to be treated like Enraged.
  7. Oh man now that you say that the wither had stolen my diamond chestplate.
  8. Thats close to how I feel aswell. I made an auction about a week ago, well I put a pole asking "what difficulty do you mostly play on?" answers were
    1:who cares becasue I barely get drops anymore
    and then 1 choice for each: 2-10
    Well guess the 1 that got the most votes? Pretty self explanatory.
    Level 5 was the most by far chosen. And the who cares got some aswell. So again, we are ALL forced to play with this new difficulty setting that maybe 5% actually go higher than 5.

Here is a link to the pole, and mind you, 1 person went and clicked every answer, so minus 1 from every answer
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/auction-2-dc-raw-steak-and-2-dc-cooked-steak.40520/#post-764914

If you ask me, the ONLY true solution to this huge problem is to have a full toggle on/off for the new difficulty settings. If you have it off, the mobs will act as if nothing was changed, which is how it should have stayed in the first place. If you dont toggle it off, then you are free to go kill 100 enraged mobs to get 3 diamonds and some carrots...

Ive talked to pleanty of people, and im DEFINITELY not the only one who is fed up with this new ps "system"

Aikar, you should make an offical pole asking everyone to chose to either keep it or trash it. Id say that would get the full communitys feelings on the diff settings.

Sorry if this came off harsh, but I agree with dresden too. And this is the place to discuss it
    dresden72 likes this.
  9. Also, MC is all about farming. You build a farm and go at it for the drops. This diff setting update has 100% killed the mob drops. Im getting plain un-armored mobs such as zombies, witches and skeles resisting. Not to mention if your using a bow(or snowball for that matter) it is also resisting.
    Mine as well start selling bones and gunpowder for 10r a piece cuz barely anyone is hunting, let alone farming.
    dresden72 likes this.
  10. The weird thing is, that the message of a normal mob resisting the attack, has always been brought up only for skeletons, at least that's my experience. Never for any other type of mob (not talking about enrageds in this case). And no, its not always the case with it wearing armor.
    dresden72 likes this.
  11. I don't do much mob hunting, but I kind of like the new system. I do think it could be tweaked a little but I like being able to set the diff to 1 sometimes and then be able to easily defeat mobs when I'm exploring. I have been farming enderman, pigman, and skeletons without significant problems. Like I said, once I switched to using a good sword on skeletons, I rarely get the message and when I do, I just pause for a couple of min, which lets the mobs build up anyway, and then I'm able to kill the one that resisted.

Perhaps the ability of mobs to resist attacks could be turned off on diff 5 and lower.
  12. i think the difficulty system isnt the problem, like mrs said if you are just trying to get the normal loot then resist should be turned off >5 aside from that those of us who do play on the higher systems and arent trying to farm find the resist (which lowers loot drop) annoying in fact usually when i get the message i just log off to despawn the creature, to me it isnt worth facing and having my expensive armor ripped apart to a enraged skelly that has reduced drops now.

some kind of better system to discourage farming special mobs needs to be found and implemented
    MeadMaker and dresden72 like this.
  13. This is really weird. I have 5700 tokens, all of them gotten from hunting, and I've never had a mob resist. I wonder why that is?
    MrsWishes likes this.
  14. What level do you hunt at and do you usually kill the mobs with one or two hits? What kind of weapon and what enchants are on your weapon?
  15. I forgot to mention that I play on level 5.

I was really looking forward to the new levels but after playing on level 7 for awhile, it seemed like the risk/reward was way out of kilter. I fought a couple of enraged skellies and it was a blast! Unfortunately, The armor damage vs drops were such that I'd be losing rupies playing on level 7. At least that was the impression I got. Maybe if I had played longer on that setting my view might have changed. I'll trying it again in the next few days.

P.S.
    I can't seem to edit my posts.
  16. I use a fully enchanted sword with smite instead of sharpness. maybe that's the difference? I kill skeletons with 1 hit, zombies and spiders are 1 to 2 and creepers are usually 2.

I know sarpness kills creepers quicker but my biggest annoyance come from skeletons which is why I use smite. I can see why you'd use sharpness for a grinder but maybe if you switch to smite you won't have those problems?
    MrsWishes likes this.
  17. I had trouble editing at first the trick is after clicking on edit, to click on the more options button, that will bring up your previous post so you can make changes.

I'll give smite a try, it sounds like it works better. I'm just guessing, but I think the reason you have never seen the resisting message is that you are killing the mobs so quickly.
    spartan0405 likes this.
  18. I think there are lot of people who would disagree with you. Maybe if you step away from your grinder and play MC the way it was really meant to be played, you wouldn't have so many problems.

I can show you chests full of gunpowder, string and bones. There's nothing wrong with the mob drops. If you're playing on level 5 and actually hunting, you shouldn't be having any problems.

Maybe you should try reinstalling your game? I don't know if a game glitch could cause your problems but it couldn't hurt to try.

Thanks MrsWishes ;)
  19. wait...skeletons are more annoying than creepers? Lol I you must be really good at killing creepers!
    highlancer54 likes this.
  20. I barely ever use my grinder. And almost never anymore. This system is making this server be basically a towny server. I also have dc's of gunpowder, bone and string. But its taking 10x longer to get now.
    But thats besides the point. Why should I have to not use a grinder when 2 months ago, there was no issue?!
    dresden72 and Luckygreenbird like this.