Overwatch Thread!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sachrock, Mar 16, 2017.

?

Do you play Overwatch?

Yes 47 vote(s) 52.8%
No 28 vote(s) 31.5%
I want to 14 vote(s) 15.7%
  1. I've bought 24 and opened probably another 25. I've unboxed 4 legendaries. 1 was for Junkrat, 1 was currency, and 2 were D. Va Cruiser.

I'd also like to say I feel that the only thing Junkrat does is make players who have no business playing an FPS feel as though they are good at playing an FPS, when in reality they are about as good as a trash bag. Hanzo mains get all the hate but at least good Hanzos require skill.
  2. All you got to do is get a phara then you can make them feel like they are bad at an fps
  3. One of the many reasons I've decided to main Pharah
  4. Phara is a good character to play it requires on of the enemy to be a 'hit-scan' and you'd be surprised at how many people cannot play hit-scan
  5. I am not that good at Genji but I enjoy playing him here is a short montage of some nice clips that I have done :p
  6. Feat. me :D
    Sachrock likes this.
  7. Ok so I'm downloading OBS and tryna figure out how to record to show you guys this highlight from an incredible game I just played.
  8. If you have Geforce experience then shadow play is the best way as you can record the last 20 mins in 1080p 60fps, if you don't then if you do the windows key +g then there is a built-in way to record the last 10 mins or you can choose to record and then play etc
  9. Torbjorn needs a nerf. I believe his turret should either

A : Take longer to snap onto a player

or

B : Have a long cooldown after the destruction of it, not after the placement of it. Ex : He must wait 15 seconds after the destruction of it to place another one.

and the range should be reduced no matter what. Yall agree or no?
  10. The problem with Torb is that his turret can be pretty easily countered. 3 direct pharah rockets can take it out (while taking like 30 points of damage). A level 1 turret can be taken out by anyone in a matter of a second. Torb is fine right now.

I have a question for you concerning Shadowplay. I can record fine but I can never seem to capture game (stereo) audio. Have any ideas as to why? It seems to pick up my mic audio clearly, but my game audio is also there if I turn my volume to the max.
  11. But the problem with the turret (and I'd know this because I main Pharah) is that a level 2 turret will do 200 damage to Pharah before 3 rockets can hit it, and even if you do kill it from a distance (you have to be SUPER far for it to no target you, even if flying) Torb can drop one more down in a matter of seconds.
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  12. If you can't take a turret down in the time it does 200 damage to you, you're doing something wrong :3
    Also, level 1 turret is a joke. If anyone on your team is there, they can take it out.
  13. Random question, remember that time I kicked your butt as Widowmaker? ;)
  14. (just my opinion as a diamond player)

Agree with this! Besides the time to close the distance, Phara needs to reload before helping in the team fight. If strategy were a numbers game I'd say it's a net loss. But then again a lot of Torbs don't shoot with their blaster or position the turret for ground defense after Phara kills it. They just stubbornly blame their team for not helping and lose. But wow is it easy to blame the Phara if your team gets getting melted by a turret.

When I'm phara versus torb I usually fire just one or two rockets to keep him tied to repair and out of the fight. (see #2 below)

Torb with turret on moving payload is just ridiculous. I get easy roflstomp wins even at low diamond tier just by spamming turrets onto the payload. It's hard to stop a mobile turret without a coordinated attack, and in solo queue that never happens. I think this strategy needs a hard counter because it's very easy to deploy and very hard to defend.

In control point his immobility is a *huge* weakness. But again that often doesn't mean anything in pub where players don't play group strategy. Instead of killing the turret -- which just gets rebuilt -- the team should take the 6v5 fights where it can't cover. If the team can't win any of those 6v5 fights then that's a different problem. :)
    EmpireMall likes this.
  15. I can promise you it's not doing something wrong. The damage on the turret when compared to the time Pharah's rockets will take to hit it, Pharah dies. If you don't believe me or my 7 hours in comp this season, feel free to test yourself, but that's how it's been going so far.
  16. This is all quick play since I don't play much comp:
    Widowmaker - 55 hours
    Genji - 8 hours
    Mercy - 8 hours
  17. A good portion of my defense playtime has been spent with Torb and he really isn't that powerful. I can deal with a Pharah, but it still makes it really hard on me and nerfing him would make him more of a joke than he is already. He's like Bastion and Symmetra in the sense that they're easily countered, yet most people don't bother and for them to be effective at high levels, you need to have the perfect situation.
  18. We shall not speak of it ;)
    Nighthawk3846 likes this.
  19. Agreed. :)
    K_Kick likes this.
  20. Ok a question for anyone here who records videos then posts highlights. After recording the video itself, what software do you edit it with to make a compilation?