Official 1.8 Thread

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Unoski, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Side note, Rei's has been updated, I've been using it for nearly a month now.
  2. http://adf.ly/937215/reimm-172
    Sandman366, 607 and cddm95ace like this.
  3. Yay, know where I'm going without Livemap again....heh.
  4. Bumpdating...
  5. Can you provide a summary in the post that you post to bump just for ease of finding info?
    jkjkjk182, SkyDragonv8 and 607 like this.
  6. Sure thing.
    Updates with
    • Commands
      • /trigger
        • Syntax: /trigger <objective> <add:set> <value>
        • Functions the same way as /scoreboard players set or /scoreboard players add, but can only modify objectives with the trigger criteria
        • Can be used by non-operator players
        • Mostly for use with /tellraw
      • /particle
        • Added the barrier particle
          • Uses the Barrier item texture
          • Used for indicating Barrier blocks
    • Scoreboard
      • The ability to reset objectives one by one, using the [objective]
        • Example: /scoreboard players reset <player> [objective]
      • New objective criteria for team-specific kills, e.g.: teamkill.red, killedByTeam.blue
      • New objective criteria: trigger
        • Acts like the dummy criteria
        • Mostly for use with /tellraw
      • The ability to iterate over every scoreboard player with *
    • Data Tags
      • CanPlaceOn
        • Allows placing of certain blocks against other blocks in adventure mode
        • Example: /give @p minecraft:stone 16 0 {CanPlaceOn:[minecraft:diamond_block]}
      • HideFlags
        • Allows hiding of certain parts of the tooltip
        • Bit field of 1/enchantments, 2/modifiers, 4/unbreakable, 8/candestroy, 16/canplace
      • ShowParticles
        • Option to show or hide all particles for a potion effect, while the 'Ambient' tag only shows fewer particles. Set to 1 to show, 0 to hide.
      • PickupDelay
        • The number of ticks before an item entity can be picked up.
        • Setting to 32767 will prevent the duration from decreasing, thus making the item incapable of being picked up.
    • Achievement
      • New achievement Overpowered
        • Obtained by crafting an enchanted golden apple
        • Requires obtaining Getting an Upgrade first
    • Splashes
      • Added 1 new splash pls rt
    jacob5089 likes this.
  7. While I am bumpdating, enjoy this picture.
    hashhog3000 and 607 like this.
  8. also slimes can swim
  9. "It's like a whole new game..."
    lol, but I think that was in there last week :)
    jkjkjk182, mba2012 and 607 like this.
  10. I have been expecting but have not seen any mention of adding different color doors that match the wood they were made from.
    607 likes this.
  11. I had heard this update was finally going to be a "Color" update lol.
    Looks like it is more of a "Difficult Situation" (pun pun pun)
  12. I don't get the pun. It seems weird to me having all these different wood colors but only one color door. I see hatches used as window shutters a lot also. Same with fence.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  13. The pun is more Adventure updates, Difficulty lock on worlds, and you know... Slimes being able to swim xD
    Pab10S likes this.
  14. Still don't get the pun
  15. Guessing he means it increases the difficulty or something. Let's all just stare at him for now O_O
    Pab10S and 607 like this.
  16. While I figure out what to do about the character limit, here are the new features
    • Iron Trapdoor
      • Can only be opened and closed using redstone, similar to an iron door
      • Crafted by placing iron ingots in a 2x2 pattern, yields one iron trapdoor
    • Scoreboard
      • Added scoreboard objective types killedByTeam.gray and other colors (referring to team color, not team name)
      • Scoreboard objectives for fake players with a name starting with # will never show up on the sidebar
      • New /scoreboard subcommands: /scoreboard operation and /scoreboard test
        • The operation subcommand can apply arithmetic operation to scores (+ – * / %) and accumulate player scores
          • Example: /scoreboard players operation #teamscores redScore += @a[team=red] blueKills adds every red player's count of kills on blue to the red team's score of kills
        • The test subcommand can be used to test if a scoreboard value is between a min and a max value
          • Example: /scoreboard players test #global anObjective 12 19 checks whether the global score of the given objective is between 12 and 19, inclusive
      • Different teams can now have different objectives displayed in the sidebar
        • Example: /scoreboard objectives set display sidebar.team.yellow} anotherObjective (referring to team color, not team name)
      • Teams can now have settings on how the nametags are to be shown - /scoreboard teams option red nametagVisibility hideForOtherTeam Also possible: hideForOwnTeam, never, always (default)
    • Selector Parameters
      • New selector parameters for entity selectors to detect entity rotations with rxm – x rot min, rx – x rot max, rym – y rot min, ry . y rot max
        • Example: @a[rxm=-15,rx=15,rym=-45,ry=45], /say @a[rx=30], don't look down!
    • Commands
      • /execute
        • Allows commands to be run from the position of specified entites using
        • Example: /execute @e[type=Chicken] ~ ~ ~ fill ~-1 ~-1 ~-1 ~1 ~1 ~1 minecraft:glass
      • /testforblocks
        • Compares two areas of a world
        • Example: /testforblocks 100 64 100 107 69 107 0 64 0 masked
    hashhog3000 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.