Official 1.8 Thread

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Unoski, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Of course not:p You should be very happy with this! :)
    When you sell the copies of the copies, people won't be able to copy it again, so this is like created for EMC;)
  2. Updating now
    Importerer likes this.
  3. annnnnd updated!
    Importerer likes this.
  4. We have Chicken-eer and ICC... arent they enough already? lol
  5. For people who do not know
    Importerer likes this.
  6. The information is definitely easier to understand. But what happened to "LC"?:confused: That's an important part of knowing how much of a chunk is actually being processed, including mob spawning.
  7. The thing I am happy about is the lighting.
    Importerer likes this.
  8. As much as that is easier to read....I'm kinda going to miss the old X/Z/Y coords...(I mean, they're still there, and we got minimaps for it, but it's not completely immediately obvious which is which, and they had separate lines before too, now they might jumble around where exactly the coord is on the line).
    607 likes this.
  9. I don't like the new places of things, because it's defenitely harder to understand, but the things I dislike the most is the dark shade. It's ugly, and not needed. The mouse is also very weird, I absolutely don't like that, I assume it can be turned off, but when it cannot, this is a very bad change.
    Parkerjv9 likes this.
  10. I really LOVE this change, it tells you the lighting (great), the coords are more understandable to me, hoping it becomes color coded soon. all in all, my favorite change to f3
    Importerer likes this.
  11. Then now my question is: "Why do you use F3?"
    That could be pretty important for judging:p
  12. I use F3 for a lot of reasons.
    1. To find coordinates (Which this HAS improved on)
    2. To find where a chunk starts/ends
    3. This is also useful with the /replace or /fill command believe it or not.
    4. To find out which biome is which (Yes, I actually do do this)
    5. To find my FPS, which is low for some reason...
    6. Light level can now be even more useful to find out where mobs can spawn and where you can prevent it
    7. The Gray background, to me, looks nicer.
    Importerer likes this.
  13. So I assume you turn it on to check something and then turn it of again, right? When that is the case, I understand how this could be good for people that do that.
  14. Nope. I usually leave it on :p
    Importerer and 607 like this.
  15. Okay, then maybe I'll actually like it:p I hope I can see when I will be able to play minecraft 1.7.3 and later
  16. I can't believe that they are continuing to work on f3. Let community modders do that job, they are much better at it. Mojang should work on the actual game experience. Yes, I know that considering jeb's record as is, that is too much to ask of them.
  17. Some people hate installing mods.
    Importerer and Luckygreenbird like this.
  18. Yep, they cant be intentionally leaving features out just because there are mods that do it better. If that were the case, half of the features we see in Minecraft today would not be in the game. Most of the player-base either doesn't know how or simply doesn't want to install mods.
    607 likes this.
  19. If they were to work on the other things they promised to, adding mods/features would be a breeze.
    RainbowChin likes this.
  20. I also use F3 for similar reasons (mostly 1, 4, and 5). Though when Rei's finally gets 1.7 I don't have to use F3 for coords. But I don't like how it was all shuffled around and whatnot, and I don't really think the coords were really improved there. (The background is....okay, I guess. Can make it easier to read against certain surfaces, but it's not really been a problem for me.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.