Official 1.8 Thread

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Unoski, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah, the moment that quartz came out and you could craft pillars and chiseled, I kinda knew that stone stuff was gonna end up going the same way. But still, there are pros and cons to everything. Just try to focus on the pros!
    607 likes this.
  2. I don't yet see how new trading and enchanting will make getting good enchantments easier, i.e. how much easier it will be. I do not care about chiseled stone, it will affect only few people and it's not an important item.
    But, once again, making the game easy in any way ruins it for everybody in the end.
    IMO, adding new challenges is the way to go.
    MoeMacZap, Mindlegokid and 607 like this.
  3. Enchanting is easier in the way that currently, someone with 90 levels gets only 3 level 30 enchants. In the new system, that person gets 21 level 30 enchants. Its also easier to get enchants that you want by using "enchanting blanks". Since you can now see the enchants you will get, if someone doesn't like an enchant, they can reset the system with level 1 stone spades until they get the enchant they want for their main tool.
    M4nic_M1ner and 607 like this.
  4. Villagers spawn with 2-4 trades and from any trade can can 3 more. Is how I understood it anyway. (And there's more kinds of villager professions. And every trade looks like it'll be able to reactivate every trade. Perhaps only any other, so infinite villager would be much simpler but take 2 trades to work.)

Only REAL problems are that it looks like we can only buy enchanted diamond stuff now from villagers, so it'd take 2 trades and then putting them in crafting together to get a new piece of equipment we can enchant ourselves.
    (Oh, and if anyone used villagers for redstone, they're kinda screwed. But mining for redstone just gives so much more anyway...
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  5. I made a nice little video of me playing with the Trampolines in 1.8 ;)
  6. plz no 1.8 it is the worst ever
    marine4121 likes this.
  7. Or setblock ;)
  8. Over 3k views. Can you spot the new feature?
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  9. This update leaves a weird taste in my mouth. It's as though Mojang believes they are required to update Minecraft or it will peter out of existence. Just because the game was updated regularly through beta does not mean it has to receive constant updates after release.

I can hardly imagine how much different this game would be if all that came out after 1.2.7 was bugfixes. I have a hard time thinking it would be worse.
    Olaf_C, 607, Parkerjv9 and 7 others like this.
  10. I understand where you are going with this. I am glad they haven't done anything stupid with the updates yet. (could easily go that way if they went that route). Realistically the last real update will be when they integrate the mod api thing; followed only by bug fixes.
    mba2012 likes this.
  11. Yes. After they perfect the current Dimensions, they will most likely start adding another Dimension and focus on that.
  12. That would be epic. A whole dimension filled with cheese!
    technologygeek likes this.
  13. Nah.... We have enough as it is. I feel like all I want are snakes, red dragon, and more ocean stuff. And then bug fixing. If a dimension was added... Slimes, moar slimes, whole slime dimension, slimes, magma cubes, bouncy blocks, bwa ha ha! :p
  14. LLAMAS IN MINECRAFT. YUS
  15. Can I get a hell yeah?
    • Skin
      • Right and left arms and legs are now editable independently
      • The hat overlay is now available for the whole skin
        • Overlays are called sleeves, pants legs, hat and jacket
        • Uses a char.png file with new layout and new dimensions
          • Dimensions for the file are now 64x64
          • Old char.png files are still supported
        • New "Skin Customization" button in the options menu
          • Cape visibility is now toggled from here
          • You can toggle the visibility of overlays
            • Independent for each limb/body part
    Parkerjv9, Crazy1080 and hashhog3000 like this.
  16. Yessss! *grins* :D
  17. Oh and this:
    Parkerjv9 likes this.
  18. Once again: Yessssss! :D Will already existing heads gain hats once 1.8 arrives?
  19. I assume so.
  20. I'm gonna guess
    colored firework trails
    , but I could be wrong. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.