Official 1.4 Snapshots Thread

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by chickeneer, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Is this the biggest update ever?
    lameidl likes this.
  2. Not sure what kinda farms you have, but I've never seen two chickens get jiggy with it by just feeding them seeds where I live. :p
    607, lameidl, B4DMAN5IMON and 6 others like this.
  3. Umm, not necessarily. 1.3 had a bunch of new features in it as well... it will be a close competition with 1.3. Before that, Mojang did smaller updates. Which is why this will be 1.4, not 1.3.3

Lol, well... Seeds aren't necessarily this exactly (I can't think of a word that is appropriate XD). But chickens eat seeds - not wheat... other animals are more likely to eat wheat/hay.

The way I would look at it is this - These animals need to eat the right, nutritious things to 'reproduce'
  4. Ok here begins the Wither Section: Some of this will be repeated information, some details have changed with the latest snapshot. I want to make sure to cover everything...

A new Mob has been added to the Nether! The Wither Skeleton.

They are found in Nether Fortresses, and are over two blocks tall.
    When you are hit by a Wither Skeleton, you are inflicted by the Wither effect for a few seconds.
    Potential Drops include Bones, Coal, Stone Sword, or even a Wither Skeleton Skull *Note: this is essential to spawning your very own Wither.

The Wither, who is a new Boss mob in the 1.4 update. Can only be spawned with 4 Soul Sand and Three Wither Skeleton Skulls, shown in the image above. In this latest snapshot, their true purpose has been revealed, which is to create the Beacon Block from the Nether Star they drop.

They currently have 150 Hearts of health. When they are first spawned, they flash blue, growing in size, and the health bar fills up.

The Wither is hostile to the player and all passive mobs (except the Squid). It is also hostile to Snow and Iron Golems, Cats and Wolves, and other neutral and hostile mobs (except Skeletons, Zombie Pigmen, With Skeletons, and other Withers)

The Wither attacks with a projectile Wither Skull with an effect of "withering" similar to poison... Each head fires individually allowing one Wither to attack up to Three different mobs at the same time.
    The Wither Skulls also have a small explosion with them - that have a smaller radius than TNT or creepers.

The Wither can destroy blocks, often to get at a player through a wall.

The Health Bar of the Wither, only is visible when looking in its direction.

The Wither also gains "Wither Armor" at half health which protects it from arrows. (When the Armor is activated, the Wither is unable to fly)
    When a Wither is calm, it cannot fly or jump (Only hover above the ground)
    When angered by the player, the Wither can fly to the same height as the player.

Finally when spawned in the Overworld, the Sky is darkened.

So in conclusion to this section: Withers are essential to building a Beacon; but to spawn the Wither you need 3 Wither Skeleton heads who are only found in Nether Fortresses. I hope I have covered everything... Enjoy

Edit: 9/13/2012

Another Mob was also added in the 12w36a Snapshot - Wither Jockeys
    lameidl, mba2012, IamSaj and 2 others like this.
  5. I wonder what will be considered a "Nether Fortress". Like, villagers only spawn in "villages" but villages are just a ton of doors with blocks over them, according to the game logic.
    lameidl, mba2012, IamSaj and 2 others like this.
  6. Well obviously it is going to include the Naturally Spawned Nether Fortresses... I just tried to create a giant platform of NetherBrick, to see if they would spawn on it... But I was unable to get that to work... It is hard to say
  7. Truej, maybe it is in an area of 100 blocks within the 'center'?
    lameidl and Byeforeverthe2nd like this.
  8. Oops, I took some Screenshots of some naturally spawned Wither Skeletons...

9. Where are you getting these screenshots?
    lameidl and Byeforeverthe2nd like this.
  10. I am downloading the Snapshots and taking the Screenshots myself; It has been brought to my attention that not everyone knows how to do this... So I will create a little Tutorial Post shortly
    brickstrike, lameidl and IamSaj like this.
  11. But how do you have 1.4 stuff already? I know how to get screenshots.
    lameidl likes this.
  12. Patience, I will make a short tutorial on it, within the next hour... I am a bit busy right now
    brickstrike, lameidl and penfoldex like this.
  13. he gets the SNAPSHOTS, and takes SCREENSHOTS. note the words in Caps.
    lameidl likes this.
  14. Chicken, where are you getting all this info and screenshots?
    lameidl likes this.
  15. *Facepalm*. Read above…
    lameidl likes this.
  16. Wow. Major fail on my part.
    lameidl likes this.
  17. Magic... JK; I put where I am getting these in the OP
    607, BrickStrike and lameidl like this.
  18. Smh. I need to read more before I start asking questions.
    lameidl likes this.
  19. Lol

While I am working on creating a short Tutorial, In the OP/ AND by all of the Snapshots - I put a download link. (Straight from Mojang.com)
    brickstrike and lameidl like this.