Official 1.4 Snapshots Thread

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by chickeneer, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Ugh... I am unable to put more than 20 pictures in one post... So I may be adding Links to the posts with updates in them in the OP
    BobTheTomato9798 likes this.
  2. I shall send a Wither to attack you.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. I'm not looking for diamonds; instead, I want more honest people in my group.
  4. Wait, what?:confused:
  5. I'm not interested in selling diamonds, nor buying them. I have a group that is for my residence. I currently have 9 members in it and more people could enter if I can tell that they have the effort to join.
  6. That's his sig. :p
    oidgod and jkjkjk182 like this.
  7. omg i now have reasons to tnt bombard that building only!
    codygraw101 likes this.
  8. I am kind of confused, don't know if this is real, or a joke, I mean with beacons, this could be possible. I hope it is real, just for the fact of more pluses for villages, b/c of a nether portal already to be there for you, yet I don't want my precious emeralds to go away. I will block this up(the nether portal) if it is true.
  9. This is a awesome idea
  10. It is real
  11. Kill the priests=problem solved
    codygraw101 and PRO_G4NGST4 like this.
  12. Well, if you kill the priest= no xp bottles or glowstone
  13. Then put them in a cage. XD
  14. Since I haven't seen it mentioned and its been about a week now so this news is kinda old but the Withers attack acts like a poison against mobs but its actually draining health from mobs (and you if you get hit) and adding it to itself. Which makes it even more deadly.

Also the shield doesn't come up till the mob is down to half health I think. Then you are forced to go in for ranged attacks. But yeah just leaving or getting far enough away to regain health isn't going to help since it will just attack other mobs like animals, and villagers and get health from them to. It doesn't go after hostile mobs it looks like so that's one constellation.
    oidgod likes this.
  15. Nether=Glowstone Mobs=Exp Problem Solved #2
  16. If you Quote - somebody's post and it is either very long or has a bunch of pictures. Please edit it to -Snip- or some abbreviated version of the Post. (Without changing the original meaning)...

I anticipate that there will be a new snapshot this week!
    BobTheTomato9798 likes this.
  17. Uh oh. Withers in EMC. :confused:
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  18. New Snapshot today! It is very exiting. I have taken all of the screenshots, just need to type up a message.

Hopefully be done in a couple hours after my Psychology Class today.
  19. The Wither was officially added to the Game; I will create a separate Reply for details on those...

Snapshot 12w36a Download Link

As you may or may not know, this is the Halloween update, so we got some very scary stuff in this one :p

New Decoration Blocks were added: Skeleton Skull, Wither Skeleton Skull, Zombie Head, Creeper Head, and Steve Head. They can be used as Hats, and are currently a Rare drop by their corresponding mobs...

The Beacon Block was re-added to the game, and is crafted with 3 Obsidian, 5 Glass, and a Nether Star (Which is dropped by the Wither). To my knoweledge, the function and mechanics of the Beacon have not been changed...

A new item - carrot on a stick - was added to the game to guide Pigs, while riding them with a saddle. From experimenting with this a little bit, They will not Jump when guiding them, but they will walk up half slabs. They will not "swim" in water while guiding them. And finally, Pigs now drop a saddle when they die if they were wearing them...

Chickens now breed with Seeds, instead of Wheat. (Relating directly to IRL)

Also, Potatoes and Carrots can now be found in Villages and Jungles.

More Dungeon loot was added to the game.

Plus several Bug Fixes... I will have something up about the Wither and Wither Skeleton shortly :)