Official 1.4 Snapshots Thread

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by chickeneer, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Aether
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  2. thay need a dimension like the nether but with a red sky and a huge sun
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. Given that the wither has so much health, I'm betting they will either change the XP it drops, or of course add a new special drop, probably a new item that they'll bring in.

Actually, I think the wither has 150 hearts instead of the Ender Dragon's 100.
    chickeneer likes this.
  4. The health may have been updated with the latest snapshot... I will edit in anything I notice in a couple minutes...

Edit: By golly you are correct, they made several changes to the Wither in yesterday's snapshot... including upping the health to 150. Oddly enough they didn't up the XP at all; so I would almost guarantee it will have a rare drop.

Note: Since there has been an added shield, it will be primarily a hand to hand combat mob...
  5. But they are easy to kill
  6. Easy to kill? They have the most health out of all of the mobs...
    *Edit* Not the most damage though, that still lies with the Ender Dragon.
  7. With bows that is
  8. Also, I would just like to add that flower pots can hold all plants, including cacti and even saplings.
    (At least in the latest snapshot anyway)
  9. I didn't know that - I didn't toy around with those very much :)
    I may edit in a picture with the different plants
  10. Ok Chickeneer I read the wiki and he seems indestructible. So I will be VERY careful in the wild and if I encounter him I will be and I quote. "RUNN!!!!!!!!!!"
    chickeneer likes this.
  11. In a past update on the Minecraft Wiki, there's saying that there could be a boss mob added to strongholds. In this case, the Wither could be the boss to be added to the strongholds!
    To me, this new mob appears the closest the pokemon Hydreigon, but without the wings.
  12. Uh uh I go to the end in strongholds alot!!!
  13. Think about this, the Ender Dragon always is flying, and requires you to use a bow to hit it, until it comes to tackle someone, in addition the Ender Crystals around the End heal the dragon. The Wither can't heal itself, but it gets a deference against ranged attacks when it's health drops to half. It does fly too, but it's a lot like blazes when they only start flying when they come to attack you. I say that this mob could be an effective deference in strongholds, besides the silverfish.
    In conclusion, I say that the Wither drops in experience should be 10,000 points and in the future, if Mojang gets more people for music we might have new music for a boss fight! It just seems very unusual to have no music for boss battle, since they're supposed to be major battles in most games.
    bloodra1n likes this.
  14. Wither may spawn in those mysterious chamber rooms with the dirt floor that spawn in abandoned mine shafts.. <,<
    bloodra1n likes this.
  15. Or they could spawn when somebody over-uses an xp grinder.
  16. NOOOOOO! Why jeb? Why!
  17. Ahem... They have 300 points of health...
  18. Lol instantly thought of the beginning of the pokemon battle music xD
    oidgod likes this.
  19. No, that is being fixed to where the xp scales down over time when using an (the same) xp grinder.. <,<
  20. If they were to give boss battle themes, the ogg file could easily be changed to the Pokemon battle theme.. xD
    jkjkjk182 likes this.