Official 1.4 Snapshots Thread

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by chickeneer, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Well, I think maybe withers would spawn near beacons because those things have a lot of diamonds, emeralds, gold, and iron.... Maybe with a spawner underneath the beacon block. And I heard that withers will drop new potion ingredients, maybe the main ingredients for the invisible and night vision potions. :)
    And I mean, if people can defeat a creeper, this should be pretty easy.
    IamSaj likes this.
  2. It is the Flower Pot. It has the same crafting recipe as a bucket, but with bricks...
    That first Item Frame is an "Item Frame" that is what it looks like in the hot-bar (or whatever it is called)
  3. Quite a good idea
  4. He meant Hearts
  5. I know.... wheare are the hearts?
  6. Whatever happened to the red dragon?
    AlexHallon and IamSaj like this.
  7. The Beacon may "call" the Wither, but you have to make the Pyramid base

The recipe for Night Vision Potions is a Golden Carrot and an Awkward Potion
    An Invisibility Potion is then made by adding a Fermented Spider Eye.

Fun Fact: The invisibility potion will also hide the nametag...
    moyaboya likes this.
  8. It will be in a Boss health bar like the Ender Dragon - 12o Hearts

They never implemented it - It is unlikely they will be added because it has been almost a year since Notch mentioned the Red Dragons. They haven't been mentioned since.
  9. OO Beacon , Thinking about building the Temple of Time lol Nice
  10. There will be a whole new level of trolling with invisibility potioons
  11. Those Beacons seem to have been taken out of the game at least for now. And that Wither is going to be quite dangerous if it spawns in over world regularly. They kill almost all mobs except for enemy mobs it seems like. They can fly, oh and also what iv seen they can destroy parts of the ground when attacked. And their attack apparently is like a form of poison which can kill you it seems like it will drain all your hearts from what I have seen.
  12. Holy.... OMG thats so awesome update!!!
    coffee_bullet likes this.
  13. My bet is that the Wither is not for xp, but for the items he will drop in the future. His drop will most likely to be part of the recipe of Beacon Blocks, to make them extremely hard to make.

Coloured stuff, pots, more fencelike stuff, new farmable stuff and more potions? This update is already blowing my mind! :D
    chickeneer likes this.
  14. I would LOL if I ran down the LLO streets chanting "The wither is coming, the wither is coming!"
    codygraw101 and chickeneer like this.
  15. :eek:, That would be Awesome and Bad. It would be good fight but what would damage be to LLO , meh We just rebuild like we always do ;)
    matthew12hydro likes this.
  16. This is going to be a good update. Once 1.4 comes out, im updating it asap. I wanna go try it in single player :3
  17. Wow. That is amazing!
  18. I can imagine Vechs making a map with the new Nether portal feature and with the new invisibility potion.
    Also, invisible Creepers and Ghasts.
    Vechs + Invisibility Potion + Nether Portal Mob Travel + Super Hostile Series Thing Map + WITHER MOB!? = Massive Amount of Trolling.

Minecraft just keeps getting better and better.
    Someone kill me now.
  19. ok O.O
  20. I almost missed this one :p

Snapshot 12w34b August 24, 2012 Download Link

This Snapshot was mainly for Bug fixes, but there are some "hidden" features includes...

The Recipe For buttons have changed!
    They now only require 1 stone/wooden plank to be crafted

Boss Names were added above the Health Bar.

Zombies are supposed to be able to pick up items from off the ground.
    Zombies, Skeletons, and Zombie Pigmans pick up armor and swords from the ground and wear them

Finally the 'hidden' feature was tweaked further, but it is not ready for official release as of yet.
    When the Wither is taken down to half health - They get a Wither Shield that protects them from Arrows.

Some additional attack information from the wiki...
    Each of the 3 Heads attack individually, so they can attack up to three mobs at one time.
    The Wither is hostile to the Player and All passive mobs except squids.

Potions of Healing harm the Wither.

The Boss Health Bar only is visible when the player is facing the direction of the Wither.