#NotchBack

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by stormboy231, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So honestly, I do not know why people are spending so much on building these farms.. If anyone has ever seen what I make, I tend to make my machines modular.. Meaning that I can add to them at any time. One of my outposts is kilometers from the outposts so I can't shuttle stuff in and out. It may take longer, but you can build large machines essentially for free by farming the resources naturally. I have the resources to build an iron farm but I am not willing to allocate the resources to that when I can make large farms to make wheat and other resources to support the outpost. I only have a singular gravity drop with modular spawning platforms, there and I would rather AFK over my wheat farm to let the wheat grow then sit and wait for enraged mobs to fall into the gravity pit.. xD Besides, iron farms tend to be very bulky as it is and take up a lot of space.. All of the iron farms I see on livemap at least take up several hundred meters..
  2. If I build something that doesn't work, or gets broken in bug fixes, I don't whine about the machine getting broken and usually disassemble it and use the resources for something else.. :oops:
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. not telling its anyone's fault, and it was indeed my choise to buy the acount but for them to next fix the bug if anything right away...thats what pisses me off or fix the bug knowing thousands is not millions of players have this farms...
  4. Oh no, you have to mine iron by hand now.
    That will like break your nail.
  5. "Your funny."
  6. Many games do that, Look at Final Fantasy XIV, many players were using an exploit that was available within the programing of the game that allowed them to finish one of the end-game dungeons in a fraction of the time it should take. It involved having the tank run though and aggro the enemies while the rest of the party advanced. The tank would die and be rezzed by the healer and the party would usually be at the boss room, and the aggro on the tank would drop after its death and the enemies would return to their places, as the party would be in the boss room, they could fight the boss and finish. SE patched the dungeon where the chambers would need to be cleared before the party could continue. Or there was an exploit in Maplestory, that I unfortunately participated in out of frustration. Nexon did not take action against the players that used it but patched over the exploit about 18 hours after it was found. It was a memory leak that allowed experience to be gained for an event quest even if the players inventory was full. In the case of the players inventory being full, the quest would award the experience and not terminate as it could not award the item that was awarded with the quest, and so could continually be completed for experience. I felt bad after leveling one of my characters to 120 because of being frustrated at Nexon at the time and even reported myself with the exploit immediately after. I was thinking that I would get banned or there would be a rollback, but they said that they would not take action against the players that used it as it was an error that they caused and was not an external hack. :oops:
  7. Exactly. Iron farms had become part of "normal" gameplay, but it takes away from the adventure of the game. If iron farms were intended, and they decided to take them out, it would be different. But it was from the start an exploit. Anyways, I am going to buy a DC of iron blocks and then sell it in 1.8. :D
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and jacob5089 like this.
  8. *You spend 1.8 million rupees and they become unnerfed*
  9. 1.8 million on what?
  10. Iron Blocks I Believe
  11. On iron.
  12. A DC of iron blocks for 1.8 million? I got ripped off. O_O
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  13. You're right, he is.

Look, this thread has gone on long enough already. Your points to the situation are very easy to work around.
    1) There is a way to get Iron from Golems still, and gold from pigmen.
    2) Iron, Gold, and Emeralds will go up in price, since you have an infinite supply right now of Gold and Iron, what point you trying to make?
    3) Mining should be the best way to get iron, not, "Oh hold on, I'm going to afk while at my iron farm so I can get another 400k today". It's not helping the economy what so ever, only people building with iron blocks and using ingots to craft.
    4) What's with the #NotchBack any way? If you were to be a head developer of a game played by millions, you'd run into the same problem, not satisfying everyone, but the majority.

So really it's a no brainer, your points are washed out because it's abusing the game. Now your complaining that, "Oh noes, I have to kill the golems for iron and there xp"
    At the end of the day, you'll still be richer than all of us.
  14. Why would people be mad about 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, or 1.7? Those were my favorite updates :p
  15. :D
  16. My Laptop isn't really what I would call boss (integrated graphics) but it handled a ton of golems glitchiing out of the cell in docm's iron farm world (about 50-60) and it was running fine. And docm's original design uses a piston trap. They piled up for ages anyway. Unil you killed them with a piston throughout their head.
    mba2012 likes this.
  17. I haven't once seen/heard someone say that iron farms are an exploit until now that they are being nerfed... Honestly you guys are just making the decision that it was a bug AFTER this, no one ever said (at least noticeably) that iron farms are bugs that can be exploited and need to be fixed before 1.8. It isn't abuse to farm iron, don't start saying that people are abusing it when many of us have been doing it for a long time with no problem.
    maxthegreat2 likes this.
  18. If it is such "abuse" to the game, why don't the people on EMC that spent maybe a couple of days/months building iron farms get banned for abusing? It isn't an abuse, although the farms were not intended to be used to farm with, its not abusing.
  19. I agree on parts of some of the thread, but how you are saying this "#NotchBack" is really ignorant.

Jeb isn't some ruler of minecraft, it isn't your fault that you crash the economy with making iron ingots 3 rupees. Sure, people have spent lots of time on these, but sooner or later you knew something like this would happen. Let me remind you guys that 1.8 is still in its first snapshots, I can guarantee that most of the new mechanics they are trying to add will be changed a little. Right now 1.8 is a little broken, especially with the dumb enchanting/repairing systems.
    WeirdManaico likes this.
  20. Sorry, but *sigh*.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.