Not as much players on EMC

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by CommunityGarden, Jun 21, 2012.

?

Is EMC losing players?

Yes 28 vote(s) 40.6%
Kind of 21 vote(s) 30.4%
No 20 vote(s) 29.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 20k / 9 = 2,222 players a server. With the server limit of 60, there should be, on average, 37 players that cannot log into a server. And that is if every player tried to log in at the same time.

So, the question is, when is the last time you have seen ANY of the servers full? And if we have this many players, where are they all? 2k players per server? Spread over 24 hours? That would be 94 on each hour. Yet, servers are not full. It seems odd that, with al lthese players on every day, there is hardly ever anybody on the servers.

Math sir, add up it does not.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  2. Of course it's not perfect. Yes, there are players who sign in for a few seconds or minutes to save their res/get their rupees. Players come and go at different times. Just because a server might not have a lot of people when you're on at a certain time, doesn't mean others from across the world might not be on later.
  3. Speaking of future releases, maybe 1.3 will bring people back and get EMC going again.
  4. 101th post! means this one has to be informational.
    Didn't a lot of people commit suicide when he died?
  5. aww its 104th
    why does it take time to write!
  6. A lot of people also fail to realize that it is summer. EMC and a lot of other things will see less traffic during the summer months, because well, it's summer. People go on trips/vacations, go outside (perish the thought, lol) and other activities that take them way from the computer/internet/EMC.
    vividOptimism likes this.
  7. I do not believe that our player base has shifted to such a point that I would not notice it. I am a night owl, and am on mostly late at night, when other timezones across the world are waking up. I know, i played nearly exclusively on some games with europeans for a few years.

There are factors, such as sumemr break, summer jobs, that definitely cut into this figure. I don't think it is out of line to wonder how much those affect it though. Let alone, how many of those unique log ins were first time log ins? I know I jumped from server to server when looking, and never stayed for more than a minute or two. Do they count guests, or just members?

I suppose we will see how much the player pool goes up when school starts, but in my opinion shouldn't that make it go down, not up?

We're just saying: Servers used to be pretty full at all times of the day, and especially at night when people would get on. I have yet to see a server top 60 players this week. I don't think we are being rude at worrying about the server. If anything, us bringing it to attention so that, if there IS a problem it can be worked on, only shows how much we care.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  8. I don't consider it being rude at all. Sorry if it came off that way. However, in almost any online community I've ever ran, I do know that Summer made a huge impact on the performance. When people go back to school, parent's use gaming/internet as a reward for doing good in school and finishing homework. I know it's probably odd for us to think like that now that we're adults, but I'm just going off of what I see.
  9. And you may be right. You have more experience with this than we do. At least, more than I do haha. I guess the whole point of this thread, or at leat ym argument is : We are worried. Keep an eye on this for us, would you? Hopefully we are wrong.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  10. I promise you that speaking from Justin and myself, EMC is our top life priority aside from IRL things like family. Everything we do aside from life duties is invovled in the better of EMC and our future growth.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  11. And we appreciate that. We just don't always get to see the effort you guys put in, if you know what I mean. It makes us hard to realize what you do, and how often and hard you do it.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  12. I completely understand that. A lot of the work we're doing right now is behind the scenes stuff. A lot of people don't know, but Mojang is getting rid of bukkit soon for an ENTIRELY new platform. However, we don't know exactly when/how (and there's no official word on it). Justin is in the process of doing everything he can to prepare us and our custom pluings that are setup to run on bukkit to be re-written to this new code, whenever it comes out. It's a ton of work that nobody will ever see, but it HAS to be done, even before new features we'd love to release sooner.
  13. Which is fine. Nobody faults you for prioritizing. But letting us know what you're up to would quell a lot of the complaints on here, I feel like. WE all love surprises, but we love communication even more.
  14. Most of the current "What's going on" can be found in our news section. Justin posted this in April (which kinda highlights what I posted above). http://empireminecraft.com/threads/whats-next-for-emc.6267/

We usually front page things like this as well, I forgot if this was or not, but I THINK it was. Maybe we can come up with another way to get this out to others, but I can't think of anything better than on the news section for the site.

I'm certainly open to ideas on this though, especially if it helps with communication to more players.
  15. OMG so mojang is getting rid of bukkit?!? Will the bukkit dev team be the ones developing the platform.... WOW I did not even know about that.

Jeremy, I think a banner at the top of the site would be cool to get the news and updates across to people. That space needs to be filled with something :D So possibly moving the emc logo to the left and putting the news banner where the logo is currently.
  16. A daily blog would be nice. Something on the front page, to the left of it. Doesnt have to be daily, but more current than APRIL xD
  17. Hm...well I did make a new section to handle current concerns everyone might have called "The Suggestion Box" for now. As far as "news" goes, the most recent we really have is that April post. I know it's not "exciting", but it's the required thing we have to do to prepare for the new Minecraft platform update, haha. So, any more news past that would read something like: "Still preparing for update; See (Link to April Post)".

We'll have more soon, now that we have a few programmers working on other things while Justin works on that though. :)
  18. More programmers ae? Whos who and whos doing what?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.