Not as much players on EMC

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by CommunityGarden, Jun 21, 2012.

?

Is EMC losing players?

Yes 28 vote(s) 40.6%
Kind of 21 vote(s) 30.4%
No 20 vote(s) 29.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VOTE VOTE VOTE!!! WE GET MORE VOTERS MEANS WE GET MOAR PLAYERS! MOAR PLAYERZ MEANS MORE FUN!

Everyone please read this thread: http://tinyurl.com/vote4emc
    AlexHallon and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.
  2. We may be losing old members, but I see a lot of new members complete the tutorial on a daily basis. Even if they don't stay, that is still one more new person.
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. xD Hahahaa! ThankYER
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  4. Yer welcome.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. 40,000 "registered" users is a lot different than 40,000 "active" users. That number represents people that have registered on the forums. So, I would say its kind of inflated. Plus its summer, I'm at the beach in my off time instead of sitting in front of the computer.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  6. There are just alot more smp's Non :)
  7. it really depends on what time you play EMC, for example on the weekend there are about 50 players and there are about 10 on workdays!
    mba2012 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  8. Ok so when I do get on nowadays (damn you terrafirmacraft you are the best mod ever yer hear?) but I always see almost 50 people! I also get on when people in Europe and australia would get on (about 2 am) mainly because it's fun to talk about things like the euro and not be annoyed by people that give the USA a bad name (I'm looking at you money-mooching griefing thieving snot blowin trash talkin 5 year olds who only talk in emoticons and smileys.)
  9. Although, in the last 30 days, we've had about 20,000 ACTIVE members playing on EMC servers. Not to shabby, I'd say.
  10. Word.
  11. All I know is, when I started playing EMC, I remember having to wait to get on a server almost daily.
    mba2012 and dylan_frenette like this.
  12. Older members leaving = a Bad trend for the server in the long run. I'd say only half the people that started playing around the time I did are ever on anymore.
  13. Not as bad as you think, in all cases. When one old member leaves but is replaced by (I think we have a good 50-100 new people joining a day) more than that one member, it means the server is growing strong. We've become a point now, where our huge Community is more powerful than any one person, including Justin or myself.

I do understand where you're coming from though. If you don't have the right niche or formula, old founding members leaving COULD make an impact. Our goal with GameKrib, the game community we ran before we founded EMC, was for it to have hundreds of thousands of players, but we barely ever broke 4,000 in 2-3 years of running it. In this case, it was impossible to run a social gaming network that would become successful, because no social gaming site could replace Facebook, no matter how good it was. GameKrib also got a huge surge of gamers (couple thousand) over the course of a summer when their old social network site shut down. However, 90% of those gamers are what I now call "site jumpers". They move to a game site, stay for a year, then move on to the next new one that pops up, haha. As soon as that happened with us, we never continued to grow further, due to the "older crowed" leaving.

No worries here though. One might say EMC is "The Facebook" of MC servers. You may leave because you think you're bored or "OMG they made that minor change, my life is over!", but you'll always come back. :D
  14. Lucky you - our great midsummer's day - 1+" rain, 60mph gales and sub 70F temperature! :( Thank goodness for EMC!!
  15. Yes, too true - ahhh, the good old days :rolleyes:
  16. You are definently right. Almost everyones' "going away posts" are something like this: Emc has been fun..... but it got boring, not enough players... DON'T WORRY BUT I WILL BE ON SOMETIMES..... so bye.

One does not simply leave EMC *insert meme here*
    Really you cant, even people that are "leaving" say so.
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  17. Well you see there are many reasons to why you would think EMC is losing players. 1 thing you have to take into account is EMC is the best Minecraft server so quite a lot of players from different countries join together for fun. Obviously one of the great things about EMC is the fact that there is 9 regular servers, 1 stage server and 1 supporter server. This means that the community will spread out across the servers. Because everyone is in different time-zones you won't always see the people from other time zones. For Example I live in Australia so I regularly see other players from near or in Australia, sometimes if I'm lucky I may play with some people in America but that would mean them at night and me at day sorta. Another important thing to remember is that not everyone is addicted to EMC like I am so maybe they are doing other things...
  18. opinions dont seem to be welcomed by older, and clearly more mature members. besides myself, i have observed some of my friends and supporters get shot down on smp6 for simply reminding the younger ones of the rules. we older folk gota follow em, so the young ones do to. i know that sounds irrelivent to this posting, but what i am getting at is, some of my IRL friends who played on smp6 dont even come on anymore because they are sick of getting told that they live pathetic lives. apparently its a bad thing that those of us in our 20s play "a kids game"

i stay out of town chat nowadays. stick to Supporter chat or none at all.

EDIT: first sentence i messed up hahaha. i meant "opinions dont seem to be welcomed by the young ones, from the older and clearly more mature members" 7am here, my eyes are bloodshot from not sleeping. blasted crazy work hours!!
    mba2012 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  19. How are you defining active?

Can I ask what the retention rate was on the Active 20,000 players? that could mean some on completing the tutorial and then playing for an hour then leaving....

Also ask your self''s when was the last time you used your reserved player slot, back in January I used to use it all the time, not being able to login was one of the reasons I got supporter in the first place..

I think its all the infighting on the forums that is driving people away
    imBobertRobert likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.