Not as much players on EMC

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by CommunityGarden, Jun 21, 2012.

?

Is EMC losing players?

Yes 28 vote(s) 40.6%
Kind of 21 vote(s) 30.4%
No 20 vote(s) 29.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That will happen too. Also saw that a lot on GK. Good thing with that is, it usually works itself out and the ones usually in charge of the fighting are the ones who eventually leave EMC (see names of *some* of the people who did that front page "I'm Leaving EMC" spam a week ago.
    hayleycolgan, IamSaj, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  2. This is my thoughts, EMC like any other game server that is current needs to keep evolving, the shed of players is just the start of the evolutions, for new blood new players fresh ideas. and ultimately a better experience for all..

A few ideas though...

1, bring back the moderator run Spleef, that used to be really run and brought people together
    2, Arena's - Ive really enjoyed watching Spartacus Blood in the sand on the TV a similar style arena pvp match could be fused, you go in with nothing you come out with nothing (well God status for the victor) I would be happy to help design a Roman style arena.... there could be chests inside with items for the bouts...

And ICC could be Master of the games, making speeches from his royal box....
    imBobertRobert and ZBSDKryten like this.
  3. We still have a ton of background stuff to prepare and run (things you won't see in game) that are important for future growth and performance, but one of our goals is to eventually spread out more and introduce more types of servers. The ideas you mentioned are very viable and will be discussed I'm sure in the future.
    mba2012 and Happyshopper like this.
  4. I can somewhat agree with you there. I've ran into instances where kids seem to associate people older than them to be creepy if they play online games. Apparently once you reach a certain age you're supposed to stop having fun and sit around talking about curtains and tea dollies or whatever.

I hope this next part doesn't seem like me rambling. My Example: My parents have always played games as well and I remember for a while they played an MMORPG with my sister and I. We had a guild and a lot of members and whatnot. Everyone thought we called them Mom and Dad because there were so many guilds around that time actually doing it. When they found out they were really our parents some were fine with it, others called it creepy and said they shouldn't be playing the game.

I'm glad there are people of all ages on here because I'd go nuts if it was me and 59 kids on a server. Then again some kids are more mature than some adults I've seen.
  5. they wouldnt obey minimoose so i banished them to the land of pointy things and put the people who did to the world of the worlds most comfy couch then i set the land of pointy things on fire
    and i promised the moon to gir
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. ^ when I have kids prolly be the same but what are games going be like in 10 years lol hopefully gaming won't be controlled by fps :)
    mba2012 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  7. There is a difference between gaming, and popular gaming. Bigger publishers seem to focus on fps games due to them being the current popular trend over the past few years. Plenty of other genres are coming out, just they don't get advertised nearly as loud.
    Nole972 and imBobertRobert like this.
  8. This is true
  9. And this is, in my opinion, the fatal flaw of the empire. Ther eis so much stuff "In the works" THat the progress for the servers, and any new features, is pretty much non-existant. When I say teh servers are stagnant, I mean there is nothing new to look forward to in the future. The last thing I can remember being promised was teleporting minecarts.

I'm not bashing either of you for not working on this 24/7. We know this isn't your job, and appreciate that you do this of your own choice. But it feels like we are paying for a service that isn't improving. And I know we are "Donating", but we are basically paying you to perform a service for us at this point. More is expected as more income flows towards you.

Noone who has been on other servers will argue that this is one of the best. But other servers are changing, evolving, and listening to what their players want. The Empire promises that it is, and that those changes are being discussed and coming but..... We are still waiting for them.
  10. It depends on what you define as "gaming". I would submit that minecraft, League of Legends, and a few other games out there actually eat up a bigger piece of the world market than any FPS ever does. Maplestory itself has , what , 200 MILLION players? More than any FPS, I assure you. Popularity does not prove what the market wants. Popularity is only a show of what is radily accessible. What may be popular on consoles is much different than what is popular on computers, or handheld devices etc. etc.
  11. I meant it as in terms of the popular trend. Shooters are the in thing right now. Also shooters are still very very popular on pc. Though games like CoD and BF don't have the same impact on pc as they do on console, there are other popular shooters that are more then well known. Also LoL and Minecraft, their player bases honestly just fall into the loud category.

Edit: Actually it is funny, on console CoD is a common/popular game. On pc a lot of people will shun you for enjoying it.
    Nole972 likes this.
  12. Because CoD is mainstream. :p CS is where the "real" players go.
    thecontroller likes this.
  13. I never was a CS fan. Always liked Unreal and Quake a lot more, but yeah, I've gotten called some names for enjoying CoD. Though I honestly don't listen to the ones who think CoD is trying to be serious or realistic. Because those people are just funny.
  14. When I joined there were 4 servers plus utopia. Utopia was never near full, and the others were during peak hours. I think the max I ever saw was 25 on utopia with the other servers full (265 total). Right now we've got 293 players online, and half the US is still at work (myself included). It's definitely not peak hours. We just have more servers now to distribute the load.
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  15. i remember when i first joined. i registered on the website, the server was full, and having just quit a subscription to a few websites i decided to become a gold supporter. i joined and was disturbed to see that i couldnt get a lot. i moved into the utopia wild (which was sill on smp1) and waited until not only was utopia lost, but i could move to smp2 when it opened. i proudly built the first statue and the second smp2 shop, which i thought was a big deal back then. it was always full. really think of emc like it is a really, really, really, REALLY fat person weighing over 10,000 lbs and gaining more weight. it tried to where small pants (servers) for as long as it could, but then it just needed to get a bigger pair. i bet that within a few months EMC will need to get a new pair of pants.

now on the note of people leaving that are well known, i have an idea. if you become an active member on a server, you get a cobblestone perk, where you get 200 r a day until you dont get on for a week or more. then maybe the well-known people get a forums name color change to whatever color they want that is not a supporter color, and 150 r a day. of course i have no sway, and this would make trying to kill a dolphin with a toothbrush in a sea of sulfuric acid look easy, it might be a good way to get people to play. and of course that wouldnt affect supporters!
    Nole972 likes this.
  16. Dont get me wrong Icc, its not shabby in the least. But bigger is never better. As with any community, it grows social issues(greifing, crime and inconsiderate behavior are inevitable. Although I still love EMC and cant imagine playing minecraft anywhere else, I will admit that it that the community doesn't have the same feel as it did when I joined. It used to be about helping each other and making rupees. Now its just about making rupees. Case in point, that clown 72volt wanting to erect lava pillars around the wild spawn and charge a toll. It's kind of weird how the EMC economy imitates RL greed and all. But like i said, I still love EMC, no lame "goodbye" post from this guy.
    MR2R2M and mba2012 like this.
  17. I see what you mean, but have a view from the other side. Smaller and bigger both have advantages and disadvantages. The things you mentioned are still here, it's just not as obvious since there are more bad things as well that comes with the game. However, I do think that when you do see the good deeds and helping as we grow, it is more appreciated because of the fact that it's mixed in with the crowed. :)
  18. Man, it hard to choose a side on that last two post because at LLO right now we are seeing both good and bad,
    Are members there will help each other on the dime and then we got random members taking pity items from the community.
    Anyways I can't see myself playing on any other server's :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  19. im sooo gona get in trouble for this being spam but

LOOK at this guys picture........ he could be a mod....or renamed "bouncer" mauahaha. sorry, just poking some fun guys, this thread needs to be brightened up
    Murrgetter likes this.
  20. im sooooooooooo tired of seeing the same threads... ( not as many people on anymore etc.. ) and you wonder why people are leaving.. EMC needs something new.. and we NEED it fast
    mba2012 and Equinox_Boss like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.