New Rupees System

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Dec 11, 2011.

1. I had eggs! Now gimme my rupees!
    lolkold likes this.
  2. sounds like twitter.
  3. I blame Java. And yes, I use a mac. Java still sux. Maybe Jed will be so kind as to change the coding eventually... though I doubt that will happen. The whole MC community would come a-tumbling down, since all mods, skins, etc. are based on Java now. CURSES! I want to be able to build higher than friggin' 64 blocks!!
    My place looks like a mushroom because of that ceiling... sorry, rambling. :rolleyes:
  4. Mac users <3 :D and yeah xD
  5. This is true. But we could always make it a low number so it would take for ever to really earn alot. If it gets out of hand there always a ban on the site just like in the game :p
  6. How long will the transaction history stay on your rupeess thing? Just wondering since I know I am already up to like 12 pages. I don't know which would be better having one that lasts a long time or having one thats short. They have their advantages and disadvantages.
  7. I saw a vid on youtube once, where this guy was playing on a download world, and there he was lvl 500...
  8. Use a dispenser :p
  9. I'll let you know that restarting my client about 3 times did fix the issue. lol. So helpful huh?

Another thing I've noticed lately, is that the drop rate of the ender pearls are 0. I've not gotten an ender pearl in a while. Is it just I have rotten luck or are they no longer dropping? I've been actively hunting these guys and getting nothing for my efforts...
  10. Why would you want a donation for .0001 or were you just trying to be funny but failing? Obvious answer is, well, you don't. Minimum donation will be 1 rupee...
  11. I'm not seeing one thing i've requested...Are we going to have the ability to sell items in the wild to players using this system?

Also, since we're not able to technically PVP in the wild and nether, is there anyway you can setup the box system similar to how it is in town where only people with access can access your boxes? We can't kill people who steal our stuff, but they do it all the time...At least allow us to defend our stuff if we catch someone in our boxes. I can take a screenshot of someone standing in front of my box with it open but just because they open the box, doesn't mean they stole something, which doesn't help admins much... I'd like to at least be able to stab someone, do some real damage, and get their attention to get out of my box when I see them in it or be able to lock them out entirely...[/quote]
  12. You obviously have no idea what I'm on about do you?

http://empireminecraft.com/threads/how-to-make-a-donation-store.749/

Understand the full story before flaming, just sayin'.
  13. He wasn't doing rupees donations, he was taking wood donations

And please don't flame people for any reason here. It's not nice and even though not in game empire rules still apply to the forums
    JustinGuy likes this.
  14. Haven't decided yet, it may be 30 days or last 150 or something like that. I need a few weeks worth of data to determine what the system will handle best.
  15. I see. Donations could be easily done by giving a box access to everyone which is already within the realm of the game. Obviously this would give access to everyone else as well but if someone is willing to donate it to one person, then everyone could receive that same benefit.

It's a lot easier to not have a donation system, but that's my opinion of course. If you want to donate to someone dierctly, you can just toss it on the ground at them...course that requires them to be online.
  16. That wasn't a flame btw. I was asking a question. Was the link here before that post and I missed it or something? I didn't understand what he was doing which was why I asked the question.
  17. Unfortunately dude, many people aren't as well-intentioned as you are when it comes to PVP. Allowing it won't stop players from looking for chests and settlements to raid. In fact, it'll make things worse. Now you'll have diamond-clad bandits roaming the wild, waiting for unsuspecting adventurers returning to town loaded with goodies. Then, when they DO find your place (and they will), they won't hesitate to massacre you, if you happen to be there, before pillaging your entire settlement.
    Also, you can forget group exploration and mining expeditions. No one wants to be stuck with someone else in a maze of narrow tunnels, 64 blocks underground, if there's a chance that person will kill them the moment they have their backs turned.
    If PVP is allowed, these peaceful servers will degenerate into war-torn landscapes, where only the strongest will be able to last long enough to gather anything at all.

So better to put up with the thefts for now.

Here's some wilderness chest-safety tips:
    1. Always hide chests in random places. Works about 86.3% of the time.
    2. Keep a reserve chest with emergency supplies hidden away for rebuilding/restocking anything that gets griefed.
    3. Spread your collected items out between chests, no sense getting it all stolen in one swipe.
    4. I make a false chest in a more obvious "hiding place" with random bits of junk and a few common goodies and tools, just to make ppl think they found my stuff.
    5. ???
    6. PROFIT
    7. Um... yeah, that's all I got.

And now, for something totally different... a creeper with 2 legs! D:
  18. I do these ad a few other things as well...all good ideas though. I at least like to be able to defend my stuff if someone actually pulls in and thinks that when I say "please leave" and they don't. If on this server the rules are being blatantly ignored those people would be able to think twice about it when 5 of my buddies show up and dump lava on his head...lol. I saw a mod reprimand someone defending their wild outpost similarly.
  19. O
    Ohhhh, ur talking lava and cacti killz... groovy. I personally like to go with TNT. Bigger bang 4 ur buck.
    If I can't have the goodies, then they certainly won't.
    And I make sure to arrange it so that by the time they hear the lit TNT, there's no backing out :D

So, yeah, if a mod tells me to stop using passive-aggressive defenses like TNT and lava... sorry, they started it.
    Sux. :confused:
  20. Yeah well TNT is disabled...we tried it lol...can't even use it the wild. We use it on other severs to blast out these tunnels instead of manual digging but oh we'll...but cactus still hurt u ;)