New Contribution Team Leaders!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Nov 12, 2016.

1. This isn't about me or any past issues. This is about the new leads and what they CAN do for EMC. So give them a chance and let's move forward.

Just look at what Jack has done with the Stream Team since he took over. The only way you'll know is if you give them a chance.
  2. *stuffs mouth with chips*
  3. -gets popcorn and eats it-
  4. All of you make fair points. Though not a contribution team member myself I can tell you that I go to the blog every once and a while and I must admit there has been a lack of helpful, or for the matter of fact anything made by none staff in a bit there. Saying that the last post before the Minecon one was in March, which was 8 months ago, there is something going on if what Soulpunisher said is true.

None the less I do congratulate the new leaders on their positions and hope they find it swell.
  5. *licks paw and looks bewildered*
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. I have to agree with Shel. He was in the team before and wasn't happy with the results. He was simply stating his opinion and wanted change. I feel like you react this way with the recent issues.. For example, people were stating their opinion but you just created the rule. Thus, leading to the IP forum bans. Players should have a say in all this. :)
    DrMadFate likes this.
  7. How does that have anything to have to do with congratulating the new contrib team leaders?

Give them a chance! I'm not creating rules. I'm not limiting things. I'm promoting 2 amazing staff members to their new roles. All I'm asking for is a little positivity.
  8. Congratulations :)
    AlexC__ likes this.
  9. no, no, no, no, no....
    Sorry Ender, but just no. This has NOTHING to do with the IP bans. Yes, I have some beef with staff and the things happening, but seriously: sometimes staff has to step in. It's a given.

EMC needs players to follow the rules, not get them a say in what rules should be applied. Because let's be honest here: 9/10 players want less rules instead of more. Yet if you respect the rules as they are we don't need any more. These things happened because players disrespected them.

Anyway... Maybe discuss this somewhere else? I can't speak for Krysyy but I'd be happy to discuss this in a PM or (if you want more openness) the misc. forums.
    Lilzies likes this.
  10. can we please get this thread back on topic an congratulating the new leaders?
    crystaldragon13 and ShelLuser like this.
  11. I, for one, welcome our new robot contribution overlords.
    Olaf_C, _Devil__, Patr1cV and 4 others like this.
  12. One night timer and one day timer i like it!
    crystaldragon13, FDNY21 and Kytula like this.
  13. Also the show must go on!
  14. True, but it's also fair to say that I've only seen Jack and hardly any other members of the stream team being active. Now, in all fairness: I haven't followed any of the recent stream events so I cannot determine how much involvement there was from the others. But even so, the fact that I don't know even though I did see the official announcements should also be a hint there.

Don't get me wrong: I think Jack has done a great job so far. But it's called a team for a reason.

(edit):

Listen to those lyrics and we might learn a thing or two :)

Sorry, had to :)
    607 likes this.
  15. There's been a massive problem with music rights which has now been resolved. Potato is here, primarily, for video editing, so has been unable to do much. Cami does streaming but has had to deal with real life. That's why we didn't actively recruit people lately.
    crystaldragon13 and 607 like this.
  16. I am disappointed that you guys think this a negative thing or won't work out in the end. If you know Alex or fendy from in-game you would know they are very passionate about EMC. Rather than focusing on any negatives we should be looking at this as an opportunity for the contribution team to have a fresh start under their leadership.
    BlinkyBinky, Olaf_C, Lilzies and 11 others like this.
  17. I am disappointed that you guys continue to put words in people's mouths and apparently feel the need to continue to take cheap shots. I guess this new idea is so fragile that it can't stand any criticism at all. That tells me more about the plan than the criticism.

Even after I literally mentioned how important I think the contribution team is (is not was) here you are claiming that some left because we think it sucked? Mind sharing quotes please? Have you ever bothered to read my official statement as to why I left? Would you mind telling me where exactly I said that the contrib team sucked? And if you can't: why insinuate I'm a part of that?

I'd also appreciate it if you had the courage to address players directly instead of making vague global comments and leaving the crowd to wonder who said what and if they actually said so. But that would mean you'd have to face the truth.

For the last time: I am not attacking nor criticizing Alex or Fendy, and if you honestly think I am then you're either ignorant to anything I've said or you're simply proving my statements above: staff cares less about what players have to say and also don't bother to take any effort to try and understand their opinions. Good for you.

The discussion pretty much ended above, and here we are.

I seriously start to understand why some players get so emotional when they're addressing you guys. If this public display is an example of how you guys (staff) have addressed some players in private.... Oh my....

#eyechanger
    BlinkyBinky, Olaf_C, Patr1cV and 4 others like this.
  18. Dwight's comments were his own regarding looking over this thread and seeing the results, when they should have been congratulations. Staff are still allowed to have opinions.

Regardless, the time has come that we move forward, not backward. I'm working with Alex and Fendy to make changes as necessary to address grievances of the past and will continue to do so, helping them achieve a positive future for the Contribution team.
  19. The post above yours is now no longer the one you quoted. I wonder why :rolleyes:
    Patr1cV, 607 and ShelLuser like this.