Name Changing has Arrived!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Unoski, Feb 4, 2015.

?

Do you plan on switching names?

Yes 47 vote(s) 39.5%
Maybe 27 vote(s) 22.7%
No 45 vote(s) 37.8%
  1. you had to ruin the surprise...
    AwesomeBuilder33 likes this.
  2. AwesomeBuilder33 likes this.
  3. To what?
  4. ;)
    (you can look it up if you want)
  5. SamSimx
  6. I've been wondering how this works. If I check for pab10s in a name checker, it says that it is unavailable and displays Pab10S. People are doing this somehow.

I think I read that when you change your name that the current one is reserved for a period of time. Did you change it from samsimx -> somethingelse -> SamSimX? Once you have it changed to SamSimX is someone eventually allowed to use samsimx?
    607 likes this.
  7. Doesn't look like I can change mine, don't remember the email I used.
  8. I think you can grab your old name, its reserved so YOU Can get it back if you want it.
    Pab10S likes this.
  9. As someone who had fun timing this out properly:
    When you change your name, you have a period of 30 or so days when it is available for you to claim back on your account id if you want. Then after that time is up, it's available for anyone to grab.

For example, I changed my name to Krysyy. BUT i wanted krysyyjane9191 on an alt account (security purposes). So i had to wait until it was publicly available since it wasn't the same account id. I even messaged Mojang to work around this in case a troll beat me to it. They responded saying tough luck and that I would just have to wait.

Exact time i think is 37 days.

I don't think capitalization matters with regards to the name and reserving it. But the display of it in-game is all that matters.
    Pab10S and 607 like this.
  10. Indeed. After 30 days you can re-claim it yourself, after 37 days anyone can claim it.

What I'm wondering about is my name. Say I would change my name, would I ever be able to change it back? As I'm fairly certain a username needs to consist of more than three characters to be valid nowadays.
  11. Could you change it so I don't have to worry about how much code you're going to break with your name being confusing with the address 607? :p jk!
    607 and Deadmaster98 like this.
  12. Oh Aikar, just out of curiosity, what would happen to /v firefloor and such if a player named firefloor joined?
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  13. /v firefloor would go to firefloor, not firefloor's residence.
    607 likes this.
  14. Okay
  15. the player wouldn't be able to claim a residence at all... :/
  16. Uhm, well that would be a problem
  17. Does 607 have a residence?
  18. Well, just not on smp4. Right?
    607 likes this.
  19. Yup, but can't go to it while on smp1 :p
    Ultimamaxx likes this.
  20. You get directed to smp1 on every server, except for your home server. I think that if you get more residences, /v 607 2 would work though.
    Speaking about FDNY23 and the 30 days timer, I think that is a very good addition. Otherwise we would get alot of trolls such as krysyyjane1919, B4DMANSIMON, Uber_Qorq, ItsMeMateus, samsmix etc. Now you should think twice about that, because you can't just change back.
    Patr1cV and 607 like this.